Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Benefits for Ritz CC

tag
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

New Benefits for Ritz CC

Just received this email with new benefits for the Ritz Card.... increased travel credit to $300!

It is our pleasure to announce that beginning May 1, 2014, your 
Ritz-Carlton Rewards® Credit Card from J.P. Morgan will now entitle you to the following new benefits designed to elevate every journey.

$300 ANNUAL TRAVEL CREDIT 
You’ll have the opportunity to make the most of your trip with a $300 annual travel credit to use for baggage fees, Global Entry fees, seat upgrades, access to your preferred airport lounge and more. 
10% ANNUAL POINTS PREMIUM 
Each calendar year, you will receive a 10% annual points premium on Ritz-Carlton Rewards® points earned through card purchases made during the previous year. Your first premium, awarded at the beginning of 2015, will be based on all points earned in 2014. 
PLATINUM ELITE STATUS 
Attain and keep Platinum Elite Status in the Ritz-Carlton Rewards®when you spend $75,000 on your card per account year, and you can enjoy arrival gifts, room guarantees, 50 percent added value on Ritz-Carlton Rewards points and more. 
Visit ritzcarltonrewards.com/platinum for details. 

And remember, you can also continue to enjoy the exceptional benefits and privileges that have always come with your card, including complimentary upgrades to The Ritz-Carlton Club® Level, $100 Hotel Credits, the opportunity to earn rewards with every purchase and much more. 
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
azguy13
Senior Contributor

Re: New Benefits for Ritz CC

The $300 Annual travel credit almost makes the AF reasonable for a lot of people if you use this card to it's full extent. Still, I do not stay at the Ritz nearly enough to justify the card, but to those who do, this is fantastic

Message 2 of 13
dilettante
Established Contributor

Just got it today, too. Makes this card the best value for all the perks. I just hope it doesn't mean that they may raise the annual fee.  Don't know if I'd spend that much for Plat status though.

Message 3 of 13
newUser0
Established Contributor

The link below describes all the new features.

http://www.ritzcarltonrewardscard.com/extraordinary-rewards.php#plat

But still $75K is too much na?

Message 4 of 13
eagle2013
Established Contributor

@azguy13 wrote:

The $300 Annual travel credit almost makes the AF reasonable for a lot of people if you use this card to it's full extent. Still, I do not stay at the Ritz nearly enough to justify the card, but to those who do, this is fantastic

The $300 credit combined with lounge access for those who travel is a great deal. 

Message 5 of 13
azguy13
Senior Contributor

@eagle2013 wrote:

@azguy13 wrote:

The $300 credit combined with lounge access for those who travel is a great deal. 

If I still had my position where I traveled internationally I would consider it with these new perks but now it is absolutely not worth it, lol. Unless of course Chase EO wanted to waive the fee for life Smiley Very Happy

Message 6 of 13
eagle2013
Established Contributor

@azguy13 wrote:

@eagle2013 wrote:

@azguy13 wrote:

If I still had my position where I traveled internationally I would consider it with these new perks but now it is absolutely not worth it, lol. Unless of course Chase EO wanted to waive the fee for life Smiley Very Happy

Lol, exactly!!! 

Message 7 of 13
CreditScholar
Valued Contributor

@dilettante wrote:

Just got it today, too. Makes this card the best value for all the perks. I just hope it doesn't mean that they may raise the annual fee.  Don't know if I'd spend that much for Plat status though.

+1. I got the email today as well and overall, I'm quite happy with the improvements.

I agree that 75k isn't worth it for platinum. I'll happily spend 10k for gold, but the difference between plat and gold isn't worth the extra 65k.

If that 65k is put on the UA Club card instead, it'd equate to 97,500 UA miles.

97.5k UA + 10k RCR + Gold >> 75k RCR + Plat

EX 798, EQ 789, TU 784
American Express Platinum (NPSL) || Bank of America Privileges with Travel Rewards Visa Signature - $23,200 CL
Barclays American Airlines Aviator Red World Elite Mastercard - $20,000 CL || Chase IHG Rewards World Mastercard - $25,000 CL
Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature - $12,700 CL || Chase United MileagePlus Club World Elite MasterCard - $26,500 CL
Citibank Hilton Reserve Visa Signature - $20,000 CL || J.P. Morgan Ritz Carlton Visa Signature - $23,500 CL
Message 8 of 13
newUser0
Established Contributor

What is RCR means? You hae gold status with United? Any ways to get status cards with United?

Message 9 of 13
CreditScholar
Valued Contributor

@newUser0 wrote:

What is RCR means? You hae gold status with United? Any ways to get status cards with United?

RCR = Ritz Carlton Rewards points. When I compared gold and plat, I meant Ritz gold vs Ritz plat.

The only ways to get gold with united are either fly 50k miles per year, achieve MM status, or spend 250k per year on the old PP card to get 50k Flex-EQMs.

You can get UA Silver by achieving Marriott Platinum due to the new partnership. That requires pushing 180k through the Marriott Premier card.

EX 798, EQ 789, TU 784
American Express Platinum (NPSL) || Bank of America Privileges with Travel Rewards Visa Signature - $23,200 CL
Barclays American Airlines Aviator Red World Elite Mastercard - $20,000 CL || Chase IHG Rewards World Mastercard - $25,000 CL
Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature - $12,700 CL || Chase United MileagePlus Club World Elite MasterCard - $26,500 CL
Citibank Hilton Reserve Visa Signature - $20,000 CL || J.P. Morgan Ritz Carlton Visa Signature - $23,500 CL
Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.