Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New BestBuy MC

tag
Boonie
Frequent Contributor

New BestBuy MC

I received a letter stating I am getting a new Best Buy MC.  The card pictured looks essentially the same, we will see what the real one looks like.  

It seems like the Cap1 takeover is now complete.

04/10/17 - FICO 8s - EX 769, EQ 710, TU 724
Message 1 of 32
31 REPLIES 31
CruzImperial
Established Contributor

Re: New BestBuy MC

I went to best buy this weekend and capone was the one taking the new account apps.
Fico Scores: . Walmart TU 748 . Garden 8/19 2014 .

Cap One Journey 500 | Discover IT 500 | GE Home Design 5.6k | GE HHGREGG 5k | Amex Zync NPSL | Amex BCE 6k | Citi Forward 4.2k | Citi Dividend 3k | GE BrandsMart 1k | GE Lowes 8.5k | Discover Walmart 7.5k | Barclays Apple 2.5k | BoA CR 2.7k | CSP 7.2k | Platinum Prestige 5k | IT Chrome 4k | Slate 2.3k |
Message 2 of 32
lithium78
Established Contributor

I wonder if Capital One will ever graduate any cards to no AF.  Considering it's Capital One, I guess I won't hold my breath.

Starting Score: TU: 566
Current Score: TU: 741 (Discover FICO); EQ: 755 (MyFico) EX: 774 (FAKO)
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 32
emptypockets
Valued Contributor

I see online, that effective September 2012, they have listed Terms and Conditions for 3 versions of BB Cards:

BBRZ Platinum MC (No AF)  - with 17.99 APR (Intro 11.9% for qualified purchases made at account opening, up to 48 mos)

BB Consumer (Store) Card (NO AF)  - 25.24 or 27.99 APR, depending on credit worthiness( also eligible for 11.9% for qualified purchases made at acct opening, up to 48 mos)

BBRZ Gold Card ($59 AF) - 21.74 APR (also eligible for 11.9% for qualified purchases made at account opening, up to 48 mos). Minimum limit $300

I haven't seen the Platinum card listed there for awhile. I know they stopped taking apps for it awhile ago.

CC's: AMEX (4), Alliant Visa, PenFed AMEX, Pen Fed Promise, Citi (3), Chase (5), US Bank Cash+, Huntington Voice, Nasa Plat Cash Visa, Barclay's Visa, Discover IT, Cap One QS, BOA (2), BMW Visa, 5/3 Real Life Rewards MC; FNBO Amex; Comenity Visa/MC (3), Ebates Visa Siggy, Nordstrom Visa, Walmart MC, Sam's Club MC; A few assorted store cards.

Current Scores (09/2017): EQ My Fico: 786; TU MyFico: 799; EX (My Fico): 797
Message 4 of 32
Boonie
Frequent Contributor

My BestBuy Gold MC (surprisingly) has no annual fee.  Hopefully, I am upgraded to a Platinum card.

04/10/17 - FICO 8s - EX 769, EQ 710, TU 724
Message 5 of 32
jsucool76
Super Contributor

@Boonie wrote:

My BestBuy Gold MC (surprisingly) has no annual fee.  Hopefully, I am upgraded to a Platinum card.

Cap1 unlike most people in the subprime market isn't that huge on AFs. All their subprime cards have AFs, but they're not really that astronomical compared to some others out there, so I wouldn't be surprised if cap1 dumped the AF on a store card. 

Message 6 of 32
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@CruzImperial wrote:
I went to best buy this weekend and capone was the one taking the new account apps.

Thats been in place for a few months now.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 7 of 32
gettnthere
Established Contributor

@jsucool76 wrote:

@Boonie wrote:

Cap1 unlike most people in the subprime market isn't that huge on AFs. All their subprime cards have AFs, but they're not really that astronomical compared to some others out there, so I wouldn't be surprised if cap1 dumped the AF on a store card. 

+1000, As much as Cap1 gets on my dang nerves sometimes they are a great lender for people who are looking to Build/Re-Build. They Def helped me out 3 years ago. I think if Cap1 would loosen their grip on Their CLI policy and UN-Willingness to grow with cardmembers, they would look much more appealing to Everyone Smiley Wink

Starting Score: EQ 609, EX 633(Fako), TU 700
Current Score: EQ 699, EX 758, TU 733
Goal Score: 720 across the board
Garden Club Member-GC Challenge: App free since 10/31/12 Smiley Wink
Message 8 of 32
lithium78
Established Contributor

I used Cap One when I was rebuilding, but my beef with them is that they almost never graduate their cards once you have rebuilt.  You have to re-apply and take a hit on all three CRAs if you want their better cards.  It's terrible business.

Starting Score: TU: 566
Current Score: TU: 741 (Discover FICO); EQ: 755 (MyFico) EX: 774 (FAKO)
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 9 of 32
mxp114
Valued Contributor

Does the letter mention any other changes? New acct number? Terms? I'm actually surprised they didn't replace Gold with Platinum and Platinum with World. The APR tier is high too 17.99%, expected them to offer a range like the other reward cards of 12.9% and up.

Message 10 of 32
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.