Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New BestBuy MC

tag
corymcd88
Valued Contributor

Re: New BestBuy MC

@mxp114 wrote:

Does the letter mention any other changes? New acct number? Terms? I'm actually surprised they didn't replace Gold with Platinum and Platinum with World. The APR tier is high too 17.99%, expected them to offer a range like the other reward cards of 12.9% and up.

What score you need to get this account? EQ:632.

Message 11 of 32
mxp114
Valued Contributor

I have no idea, due to the various tiers it is very flexible approvals. Your friend will probably get the Gold with AF.

Message 12 of 32
MontegoMack
Frequent Contributor

I have a $500 CL Gold that's been SDed - though I don't have an AF for another 10 months.

I'm wondering if the Platinum is really available yet and whether or not I should should app for it with a CLI.

Thoughts?

708-716 scores across the board. 

AmEx Platinum - AmEx BCP - Chase Freedom - NFCU Platinum - Chase Amazon Prime - Citi Costco - Citi Best Buy
Message 13 of 32
Boonie
Frequent Contributor

There was no mention in the letter about the account number changing.  The letter mentions the new card will no longer support PayPass, tap-to-pay functionality (no idea what these are as I didn't use these features anyway).   Otherwise, the new card is to work the same as the old card.  New account will have an option to pay over time with up to 18 month financing (which I have already taken advantage of for a new laptop).   The new card will give up to 4% back in rewards.  Fine print says the card has Annual fee of $0 - $59 based on creditworthiness.  

04/10/17 - FICO 8s - EX 769, EQ 710, TU 724
Message 14 of 32
jsucool76
Super Contributor

Mxp, store cards always have high APRs.
Message 15 of 32
Datx
Valued Contributor

I just received the letter on the new card yesterday. I was wondering when they would update the card, where the MC hologram is on the back of the card instead of the front. Even though its a plain looking card, I like the new design. The background color looks to be the same blue type color as Best Buy, has a small Best Buy logo  at the type left left hand side, and says "rewardzone" right beside it. Plain and simple and I like it. Sometimes less is better.

Message 16 of 32
mxp114
Valued Contributor

@jsucool76 wrote:
Mxp, store cards always have high APRs.

I know but I mean the MC version is on the high side, compared to other similar products. Even the Sony Store Visa has a 13.99%+ pricing whereas Best Buy MasterCard is 17.99%+.

@Datx wrote:

I just received the letter on the new card yesterday. I was wondering when they would update the card, where the MC hologram is on the back of the card instead of the front. Even though its a plain looking card, I like the new design. The background color looks to be the same blue type color as Best Buy, has a small Best Buy logo  at the type left left hand side, and says "rewardzone" right beside it. Plain and simple and I like it. Sometimes less is better.

Your letter mention the same about the PayPass?

Message 17 of 32
Datx
Valued Contributor

@mxp114 wrote:

Your letter mention the same about the PayPass?

Yup. PayPass is going away.

Message 18 of 32
Datx
Valued Contributor

Message 19 of 32
mxp114
Valued Contributor

The new design is much nicer, finally hologram on back. I wonder if they will send out new cards for everyone or just the PayPass users. I guess I can just request a replacement card when I know the new plastic is being issued.

Message 20 of 32
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.