Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New BofA wise?

tag
Cstone87
New Contributor

New BofA wise?

is it wise to request a CLI on my 2 year old bofa card? i just received 3 new FIA. thanks 

Too many cards
DOJ
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: New BofA wise?

@Cstone87 wrote:

is it wise to request a CLI on my 2 year old bofa card? i just received 3 new FIA. thanks 

It's always wise.

Message 2 of 13
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

I did this two months ago, but with 1 only new card from them.  They reallocated a limit from an existing card to fulfill CLI.  I would imagine with 3 new cards you would get similar results.

Message 3 of 13
Cstone87
New Contributor

I just hit the CLI button, on two of the cards. They both said 7-10 days I would soon get something in the mail but that "careful consideration" was be given to my request. DENIAL.

Too many cards
DOJ
Message 4 of 13
Cstone87
New Contributor

The odd thing is Fidelity AMEX doesn't give me a CLI option. The button has been removed. Hmmm

Too many cards
DOJ
Message 5 of 13
Membersince2013
Valued Contributor

@Cstone87 wrote:

The odd thing is Fidelity AMEX doesn't give me a CLI option. The button has been removed. Hmmm

Did you keep pressing it? lol

Arrival+ | Barclaycard Rewards Mastercard | Citi Double Cash | CapOne QS (2) | Citi Diamond P | Freedom | Fidelity Amex | Amex Plat | Old Blue Cash | PRG | SPG | BCP | HHonors Surpass | Cap1 Venture | Discover | CSP | Cap1 Venture1 | BOA CR&TR (2) | Ritz Carlton | Southwest Rapid Rewards | Hyatt (2) | US Airways Mastercard (2) | Wells Fargo Rewards Visa | Marriott Premier (2) |

Fico Scores as of 2/21/15 - EX: total crap, TU: total crap, EQ: total crap
Message 6 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Mine said that too. Then I logged in the next day and there was a $4,000 increase!

Message 7 of 13
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

@Cstone87 wrote:

I just hit the CLI button, on two of the cards. They both said 7-10 days I would soon get something in the mail but that "careful consideration" was be given to my request. DENIAL.

Sometimes I feel like I'm talking to myself around here *smh*

It isn't necessarily a denial, but if you just opened 3 new cards with them they might need to speak with you about moving limits around.  Who knows though, you may just get the increase tomorrow.

Message 8 of 13
Cstone87
New Contributor

Yes when I got it last year I pressed it about 10-12 Time over the span of a month.

@Membersince2013 wrote:

@Cstone87 wrote:

Did you keep pressing it? lol

Too many cards
DOJ
Message 9 of 13
Cstone87
New Contributor

I hope so, I moving all my money into ML now.CPC is crap. So hopefully that plays some weight. Although in my state and city, the "Wealth Advisers" are not particularly savvy. I missUBS, they had the best card........But they shut down the office here. Anyway I hope they say yes.....considering what I already have on deposit plus the liquidating of the other stuff into ML. I don't

@B335is wrote:

@Cstone87 wrote:

Sometimes I feel like I'm talking to myself around here *smh*

It isn't necessarily a denial, but if you just opened 3 new cards with them they might need to speak with you about moving limits around.  Who knows though, you may just get the increase tomorrow.

know if they take the Chase approach of we don't care, or if they are more Wells Fargo we do care holistically. Who knows will report back tomorrow. They haven't pulled my report I just backdoor TU.

Too many cards
DOJ
Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.