Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New CC Chances?

tag
g35_ab05
New Contributor

Re: New CC Chances?

New update all...

Took a chance and apped for a Discover More. Approved with $4k limit and 0% APR for 6 months. Not bad for my score I think? I was very worried about not qualifying, but since I was approved for the Amex gold I wanted to have the inquiries at the same time so they fall off the same. And hopefully have a better effect on my AAoA later. They said I should receive it Monday, looking forward to some Cash Back rewards! Smiley Very Happy

Starting Score: EQ: 651
Current Score: EQ: 664 | TU: 665 - 03/2010
                       EQ: 673 | TU: 681 | EX Plus: 663 - 05/2010
Goal Score: EQ: 710 | TU: 710

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 11 of 14
ngerasimatos
Valued Contributor

Do you know what bureaus they pulled? 

Try not to become a man of success but rather to become a man of value
Albert Einstein 1879 - 1955

800+ Club
Message 12 of 14
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Goodness, a nice and successful hunt! Now stop. Smiley Very Happy

btw, I wouldn't call in to find out your internal limit. Although it's possible to do this, and others have done so, I don't think it's such a hot idea to potentially raise their eyebrows this early in the game.

Sure, it might be interesting to know, but FR's right out of the gate aren't super-fun. I'd just use it for a couple months at restaurants, concerts, etc. before trying this. Just imo. Smiley Wink

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 13 of 14
g35_ab05
New Contributor

ngerasimatos, it looks like they pulled EQ for me. That's the only alert I've received for Discover, will check my TU in a couple weeks when I hear back regarding some GW letters.

Appreciate the comments, haulingthescoreup. Will likely be just using the card as normal and work my way up. Might call in a few months from now to do a test charge for a vacation package for November, but I'd like to keep it low key as well like you say.

And yes, I'm stopping for at least a year or two. Mainly it was a shot in the dark to get an Amex and Discover I could be happy with until I can fix the rest of my reports and apply for a mortgage. It's a few years down the road, but I'm happy things are looking up for me after I've started working on things. All thanks to this board of course!

Starting Score: EQ: 651
Current Score: EQ: 664 | TU: 665 - 03/2010
                       EQ: 673 | TU: 681 | EX Plus: 663 - 05/2010
Goal Score: EQ: 710 | TU: 710

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.