Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New CC's impact on Zync app

tag
Duncanrr
Valued Contributor

New CC's impact on Zync app

I'm thinking of aping for Walmart (just had my BB&T removed from TU - showed BS 120 day late but was over 7 yrs old). I will also app for NFCU in Oct. What will these new apps/cards (hopefully) do to my Zync app in Dec? My credit file is very thin and need to show better payment history. Only have 2 secured cards. EX is still reporting 2 older cards that have been closed. I'm worried that the new cards would lower AAoA on revolving credit on EX. My AAoA listed on EX is over 10 years with 28 accounts.

Starting Score: EQ 551 TU 548 CK 607on 6/8/12, EX 542(AMEX pull 3/4/12)
Current Score: EQ 808 TU --- EX --- CK 804(FAKO-EX 821, EQ 823, TU 803)
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
iMacDrew
Frequent Contributor

Re: New CC's impact on Zync app

@Duncanrr wrote:
I'm thinking of aping for Walmart (just had my BB&T removed from TU - showed BS 120 day late but was over 7 yrs old). I will also app for NFCU in Oct. What will these new apps/cards (hopefully) do to my Zync app in Dec? My credit file is very thin and need to show better payment history. Only have 2 secured cards. EX is still reporting 2 older cards that have been closed. I'm worried that the new cards would lower AAoA on revolving credit on EX. My AAoA listed on EX is over 10 years with 28 accounts.

If you are worried that apping and being accepted for a Walmart and NFCU cc will impact the outcome of being approved for an amex Zync, then just app for all of them around the same time frame, that way Your inquires arent posted which would looks negative when applying for credit.

Lender pulled 10-10-13
EQ Fico 715 | EX Fico 714 | TU Fico 703
Message 2 of 8
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@iMacDrew wrote:

@Duncanrr wrote:

If you are worried that apping and being accepted for a Walmart and NFCU cc will impact the outcome of being approved for an amex Zync, then just app for all of them around the same time frame, that way Your inquires arent posted which would looks negative when applying for credit.

umm no, INQ are instant.

Now in the case of other banks not seeing the INQ because they pull a different report would stand true here.

Walmart = TU

Navy = TU or EQ, I think they have been on the EQ kick lately though

Amex = EX 99% of the time and throw in a EQ as a 2nd pull on the other 1% of apps.

when you say EX shows 2 older accounts close, they good closed or bad closed?

What is behind waiting till OCT. for Navy and Dec. for Amex?

Message 3 of 8
iMacDrew
Frequent Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

@iMacDrew wrote:

@Duncanrr wrote:

umm no, INQ are instant.

Now in the case of other banks not seeing the INQ because they pull a different report would stand true here.

Walmart = TU

Amex = EX 99% of the time and throw in a EQ as a 2nd pull on the other 1% of apps.

hmm thats good to know. Inquiries on eq. take 2 days to show up on my score watch. well either way, its still better to app at the same time if you can that way the inqs arent spread accross months at a time.

Lender pulled 10-10-13
EQ Fico 715 | EX Fico 714 | TU Fico 703
Message 4 of 8
Crashem
Valued Contributor

While the inquiries show right away, any new cards dont and therefore you dont take new account hit or reduced aaoa hit.  One of the reasons, app sprees work.

LIMITS IN CARD DESCRIPTIONS
Message 5 of 8
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@iMacDrew wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

@iMacDrew wrote:

@Duncanrr wrote:

umm no, INQ are instant.

Walmart = TU

hmm thats good to know. Inquiries on eq. take 2 days to show up on my score watch. well either way, its still better to app at the same time if you can that way the inqs arent spread accross months at a time.

yeah timing of score watch updates is not the same as the actual credit report updates.

but when applying I would rather do all at once UNLESS you get your first credit card or your first big credit card, then I would want those reporting to show someone else was willing to give good card.

Message 6 of 8
Duncanrr
Valued Contributor

The two closed accounts are good. Perfect standing/payment history.

Waiting till Oct for NFCU as that is when roommate moves in and I become eligible. Zync, I'm waiting till new cc's are 6 months old.

Should I app for all them in nov/dec

Starting Score: EQ 551 TU 548 CK 607on 6/8/12, EX 542(AMEX pull 3/4/12)
Current Score: EQ 808 TU --- EX --- CK 804(FAKO-EX 821, EQ 823, TU 803)
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 7 of 8
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

Yea I think applying for all at the same time is better. In my recent experience neither nfcu nor amex is inquiry sensitive.

I would app in this order.
Wal mart
Amex
Nfcu
FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.