Reply
Valued Contributor
Posts: 2,857
Registered: ‎06-08-2012
0

New CC's impact on Zync app

I'm thinking of aping for Walmart (just had my BB&T removed from TU - showed BS 120 day late but was over 7 yrs old). I will also app for NFCU in Oct. What will these new apps/cards (hopefully) do to my Zync app in Dec? My credit file is very thin and need to show better payment history. Only have 2 secured cards. EX is still reporting 2 older cards that have been closed. I'm worried that the new cards would lower AAoA on revolving credit on EX. My AAoA listed on EX is over 10 years with 28 accounts.


Starting Score: EQ 551 TU 548 CK 607on 6/8/12, EX 542(AMEX pull 3/4/12)
Current Score: EQ 710 TU 727 EX 704 CK 719(FAKO-EX 697, EQ 697, TU 697)
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Frequent Contributor
Posts: 350
Registered: ‎07-13-2012
0

Re: New CC's impact on Zync app


Duncanrr wrote:
I'm thinking of aping for Walmart (just had my BB&T removed from TU - showed BS 120 day late but was over 7 yrs old). I will also app for NFCU in Oct. What will these new apps/cards (hopefully) do to my Zync app in Dec? My credit file is very thin and need to show better payment history. Only have 2 secured cards. EX is still reporting 2 older cards that have been closed. I'm worried that the new cards would lower AAoA on revolving credit on EX. My AAoA listed on EX is over 10 years with 28 accounts.

If you are worried that apping and being accepted for a Walmart and NFCU cc will impact the outcome of being approved for an amex Zync, then just app for all of them around the same time frame, that way Your inquires arent posted which would looks negative when applying for credit.

Lender pulled 10-10-13
EQ Fico 715 | EX Fico 714 | TU Fico 703
Epic Contributor
Posts: 24,676
Registered: ‎10-23-2007
0

Re: New CC's impact on Zync app


iMacDrew wrote:

Duncanrr wrote:
I'm thinking of aping for Walmart (just had my BB&T removed from TU - showed BS 120 day late but was over 7 yrs old). I will also app for NFCU in Oct. What will these new apps/cards (hopefully) do to my Zync app in Dec? My credit file is very thin and need to show better payment history. Only have 2 secured cards. EX is still reporting 2 older cards that have been closed. I'm worried that the new cards would lower AAoA on revolving credit on EX. My AAoA listed on EX is over 10 years with 28 accounts.

If you are worried that apping and being accepted for a Walmart and NFCU cc will impact the outcome of being approved for an amex Zync, then just app for all of them around the same time frame, that way Your inquires arent posted which would looks negative when applying for credit.


umm no, INQ are instant.

Now in the case of other banks not seeing the INQ because they pull a different report would stand true here.

Walmart = TU

Navy = TU or EQ, I think they have been on the EQ kick lately though

Amex = EX 99% of the time and throw in a EQ as a 2nd pull on the other 1% of apps.

 

when you say EX shows 2 older accounts close, they good closed or bad closed?

 

What is behind waiting till OCT. for Navy and Dec. for Amex?

Fico Scores: EQ- 670., TU 705 Sync, EX 728 SoFi(05/04/15)
I'm just trying to catch up to RON1
88 Cards and Counting :smileytongue:
Frequent Contributor
Posts: 350
Registered: ‎07-13-2012
0

Re: New CC's impact on Zync app


Creditaddict wrote:

iMacDrew wrote:

Duncanrr wrote:
I'm thinking of aping for Walmart (just had my BB&T removed from TU - showed BS 120 day late but was over 7 yrs old). I will also app for NFCU in Oct. What will these new apps/cards (hopefully) do to my Zync app in Dec? My credit file is very thin and need to show better payment history. Only have 2 secured cards. EX is still reporting 2 older cards that have been closed. I'm worried that the new cards would lower AAoA on revolving credit on EX. My AAoA listed on EX is over 10 years with 28 accounts.

If you are worried that apping and being accepted for a Walmart and NFCU cc will impact the outcome of being approved for an amex Zync, then just app for all of them around the same time frame, that way Your inquires arent posted which would looks negative when applying for credit.


umm no, INQ are instant.

Now in the case of other banks not seeing the INQ because they pull a different report would stand true here.

Walmart = TU

Navy = TU or EQ, I think they have been on the EQ kick lately though

Amex = EX 99% of the time and throw in a EQ as a 2nd pull on the other 1% of apps.

 

when you say EX shows 2 older accounts close, they good closed or bad closed?

 

What is behind waiting till OCT. for Navy and Dec. for Amex?


hmm thats good to know. Inquiries on eq. take 2 days to show up on my score watch. well either way, its still better to app at the same time if you can that way the inqs arent spread accross months at a time.

Lender pulled 10-10-13
EQ Fico 715 | EX Fico 714 | TU Fico 703
Valued Contributor
Posts: 3,096
Registered: ‎01-26-2012
0

Re: New CC's impact on Zync app

While the inquiries show right away, any new cards dont and therefore you dont take new account hit or reduced aaoa hit.  One of the reasons, app sprees work.

               LIMITS IN CARD DESCRIPTIONS
Epic Contributor
Posts: 24,676
Registered: ‎10-23-2007
0

Re: New CC's impact on Zync app


iMacDrew wrote:

Creditaddict wrote:

iMacDrew wrote:

Duncanrr wrote:
I'm thinking of aping for Walmart (just had my BB&T removed from TU - showed BS 120 day late but was over 7 yrs old). I will also app for NFCU in Oct. What will these new apps/cards (hopefully) do to my Zync app in Dec? My credit file is very thin and need to show better payment history. Only have 2 secured cards. EX is still reporting 2 older cards that have been closed. I'm worried that the new cards would lower AAoA on revolving credit on EX. My AAoA listed on EX is over 10 years with 28 accounts.

If you are worried that apping and being accepted for a Walmart and NFCU cc will impact the outcome of being approved for an amex Zync, then just app for all of them around the same time frame, that way Your inquires arent posted which would looks negative when applying for credit.


umm no, INQ are instant.

Now in the case of other banks not seeing the INQ because they pull a different report would stand true here.

Walmart = TU

Navy = TU or EQ, I think they have been on the EQ kick lately though

Amex = EX 99% of the time and throw in a EQ as a 2nd pull on the other 1% of apps.

 

when you say EX shows 2 older accounts close, they good closed or bad closed?

 

What is behind waiting till OCT. for Navy and Dec. for Amex?


hmm thats good to know. Inquiries on eq. take 2 days to show up on my score watch. well either way, its still better to app at the same time if you can that way the inqs arent spread accross months at a time.


yeah timing of score watch updates is not the same as the actual credit report updates.

but when applying I would rather do all at once UNLESS you get your first credit card or your first big credit card, then I would want those reporting to show someone else was willing to give good card.

Fico Scores: EQ- 670., TU 705 Sync, EX 728 SoFi(05/04/15)
I'm just trying to catch up to RON1
88 Cards and Counting :smileytongue:
Valued Contributor
Posts: 2,857
Registered: ‎06-08-2012
0

Re: New CC's impact on Zync app

The two closed accounts are good. Perfect standing/payment history.

Waiting till Oct for NFCU as that is when roommate moves in and I become eligible. Zync, I'm waiting till new cc's are 6 months old.

Should I app for all them in nov/dec


Starting Score: EQ 551 TU 548 CK 607on 6/8/12, EX 542(AMEX pull 3/4/12)
Current Score: EQ 710 TU 727 EX 704 CK 719(FAKO-EX 697, EQ 697, TU 697)
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Moderator Emeritus
Posts: 7,225
Registered: ‎09-16-2011
0

Re: New CC's impact on Zync app

Yea I think applying for all at the same time is better. In my recent experience neither nfcu nor amex is inquiry sensitive.

I would app in this order.
Wal mart
Amex
Nfcu

Starting Score: 08/29/2011 TU 671 EQ 674
Current Score: TU 754 EQ 694 EX 697
Wallet: NFCU Visa Sig 25k, Amex Lowes 22k, NavCheck 15k, Amex PRG, Amex Zync, Discover It 13.5k, Amazon Visa 5k
Platinum Spade Garden Club Member: App Free since 1/1/13. No more apps til who knows when?
MyFICO Fitness Goal: 800s Club!



Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
† Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on actual applicant approvals and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.