Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New CC's

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

New CC's

Does anybody know how many cards HSBC allows? I received a letter from them stating I have the max allowed but I only have one. Is this BS?

Message Edited by credit4me on 08-17-2007 06:33 PM
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
indyhotmama
Regular Contributor

Re: New CC's

I got the same letter but I think I saw a post earlier where someone said they had 4. We'll see who responds.
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

credit4me wrote:
Does anybody know how many cards HSBC allows? I received a letter from them stating I have the max allowed but I only have one. Is this BS?

Message Edited by credit4me on 08-17-2007 06:33 PM

There seems to be conflicting reports. I read on their site at one place that only one is allowed. I also was turned down several months ago after being preapproved with the reason that I had the maximum (one card) allowed. Yesterday, I called and talked to a rep who told me it was one, (unless they sent you a preapproval by mail), but I went ahead and tried another preapproval after reading that someone on this site had three open cards at one time.

The fine print this time said that the maximum was two, so I got brave and pressed the button, but was denied anyway. So I called and talked to a rep and asked for an upgrade for my Orchard Silver card. She told me I was approved for an upgrade to Gold and would receive my new card and credit line in the mail in 7-10 days. I will believe it when I see it.

I am going to put it into the rotation and use it just enough to generate reports to the CRAs. I would close it but it is the oldest TL I have.

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Creditme,  I have two cards from HSBC (Orchard Gold and HSBC Platinum).  They continue to solicit me for more cards (nearly every night I get a call at 7pm) until I finally told them to quit bothering me.

Mike
Message 4 of 5
illcrew3
Regular Contributor

I have one HSBC Orchard card, 1 HSBC Bestbuy card, and an Oreck Retail Services card. I called today to see if they would graduate me from the sub-prime orchard and that's when the lack of English speaking CSR's showed. The CSR thought I was asking for another card and then said I was approved for some prime orchard card. Thankfully is was only a soft pull!
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.