Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New CSP reporting question

tag
DaveSignal
Valued Contributor

Re: New CSP reporting question

@longtime_lurker wrote:

Isn't Chase now doing mid-cycle updates if you PIF?

No.  They have been reporting the statement balances.  Which I pay in full.  And then when the next statement comes out a month later, they report the new statement balance.

EX:694 TU:744 EQ:777
Amex ED $19.5k - BoA Travel Rewards $15k - CSP $5k - SDFCU EMV $15k - NFCU goRewards $20k - Barclays Arrival $6.5k
Message 11 of 16
longtime_lurker
Valued Contributor

Good to know, thanks! Smiley Happy

Current cards: MSUFCU Platinum, Amex PRG, Amex Surpass, Amex BCE, Citi Prestige, Citi Double Cash, Citi Premier, US Bank Cash +, Huntington Voice, AAviator, Sallie Mae, Discover IT, Chase Freedom TU:753 EQ Enhanced: 758
Message 12 of 16
rbon
New Contributor

When I opened my Chase Freedom, the first statement cut about 10 days after I received my card. With some of the other msgs I've read on here, it seems like Chase will typically do that.
Message 13 of 16
pip3man
Valued Contributor

A lil off topic but my own experience has been a lil weird. And this is in reference to my Chase Freedom -  first of, they did their initial reporting within weeks of my obtaining the card. Now the latest odd thing I've noticed with them is that they actually report twice! Last month when I paid off my balance before the due date they reported the $0 balance immediately! Thinking that would be the only and last reporting for the month, I started using the card again and when the statement really cut they re-reported and totally caught me off guard! Thankfully I had only charged $67 out of the $500 CL so the reported utilization on the card wasn't all that bad. This has happened twice, I'm gonna see if it repeats again this month.

Message 14 of 16
PointLager
Established Contributor

I'm on my third chase card within the past six months (CSP, British Airways, and now United Club). With every card the TL didn't show up on my CR until after my first statement was cut. 

Message 15 of 16
ezdoesit
Valued Contributor

@IWOL wrote:

So after calling Chase to find out my first closing date they told me it would be 8/15. So it turns out they cut a statement for my CSP on 7/15 and it reported a balance of $2843/$7000.

Really annoyed that the CSR's " know what they were talking about at Chase.

Are you planning on apping for something this month?  If not then I would saying you are needlessly worrying about it.  A lot of people put to much emphases on having  zero balance when the statement cuts Chase isn't going to care unless your maxing out their CC.  If apping for something this month I still wouldn't be to worried about it unless it brings your total uti  to over 30%.  That part of fico scoring can change from month to month.  So now you know when the statement ends for next month and you can address it then and bring your Chase util down to zero again if you need it to be.

Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.