Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New CSP reporting question

tag
samantha1178
Valued Member

New CSP reporting question

I know I'm micro managing probably a bit too much, but I don't want all my cards reporting zero for long so I'd like some advice. Anyway I typically let all my cards (3 minus the new CSP) report 0 except my discover card.

I paid my discover off to 0 which cuts the 12th in a few days. The new CSP is suppose to cut the 15th. I'm wanting the let the CSP be the one that reports a balance now since it's my highest limit. I was going to let the few days in between ride at 0 while waiting on chase to report. And of course avoid looking at the score during that time. Smiley Wink

Do you guys think it would be better to keep a balance on discover this month? I'm worried that chase could take 2 months to report like Amex. Then I'll have to go 30 days with 0 UTL. My scores aren't great so any little bit helps.
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: New CSP reporting question

From the two accounts I've gotten, Chase did not take two months to report like Amex.  They posted the first time around. My statements were cut 3 days after my due date; the balance on them from statement cut date were reported to bureaus 3 days later.

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you're not applying for any new credit products, just learn to not be OCD about any score drops that occur for just 5-10 days before bouncing back up.

I recently screwed up and PIF'd all my cards and my scores dropped as much as 20 points.  But I expect they'll be right back in under a week from today, so I am ignoring the credit alerts if it's just over that one issue.  I'm not applying for any new credit products for at least 6 months, so it doesn't matter if my score drops for a week or two.

Being impatient is something to learn to overcome when you're rebuilding.  This is a marathon, remember.

Message 3 of 4
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

Since January 1st, I opened a CSP and Slate.  Like Tigers09 said, they're quick to report on the first statement.  Chase also sometimes does mid-statement reporting when you pay a card down to $0, so unless it's your daily driver and constantly has a balance you may accidentally get yourself dinged for 0% utilization.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.