Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Cap 1 card

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

New Cap 1 card

I got my first pre-approval letter and applied for a Cap 1 card yesterday. Got approved; not sure what the CL will be? Are they generous these days? I'm assuming not... people here seem to be saying CLIs are tough from them now. The question is, can you get other credit from the easily? Maybe this belongs on another forum, but do they have any history of extending an auto loan to someone they offer a $0 AF platinum card to? I am getting a car soon and would rather finance it and am looking for a way to walk in with a check rather than do financing at the dealer.
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Want-a-better-FICO
Valued Member

Re: New Cap 1 card

CongratsSmiley Very Happy If you don't mind me asking, what was your scores when you applied. I applied last Sunday and Monday they was asking for proof of SS# and Address. Then today the automated system is stating "They have received my app and I will be notified by May 9, 2010" and at the end of the prompt they throw in there " This is all the automated system or representatives know at this time".  My scores was 641 EQ and 614 TU, but after today when I pulled my FICO TU had gone to 629.

How cold can a  computer be.... No backdoor access or nothing. I think I'm being "DENIED"

Starting Score: 509
Current Score: 687 EQ 712TU
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: New Cap 1 card

According to Credit Karma, my TU has been 617. The real FICO was a little higher. Like you, my Equifax was higher and my Experian was lower. I have limited credit but one issue that is keeping my score down from 4-5 years ago. Other than that, I have 100% on-time payments and low utilization the last three years on my cards and on a car loan I paid off.
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.