Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New CapOne rule

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: New CapOne rule

Two weeks ago my friend got a venture and a quicksilver as that is all his profile would support and didnt have any cards. No extra triple hit.

Message 11 of 20
jawbrkr
Established Contributor

Interesting. I was thinking the new rule might kill the double apping. Unless the app happened just before the new rule went into effect.

|| TU08: 811 || EQ08: 811 || EX08: 802 ||

Message 12 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Irish,

That was about 3-4 weeks ago. I wanted the spark because of the $500 bonus but glad it didn't work out because I wasn't aware at the time it reported to my personal CR. The ink cash is only $200 but will be a better card in the long run. I already have an ink plus so that wasn't an option to receive the 70k bonus again.
Message 13 of 20
driftless
Valued Contributor

I happened to be using Cap One's Chat feature a couple of days ago for another matter and I asked the CSR about this rumored new rule. She gave me a different answer and said that you have to wait 30 days between cc app's. YMMV, not sure that we have a definitive answer here.
CSR | Amex Platinum | EDP | QS (2)
Amex Blue Business Plus
Message 14 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Irish,

That was about 3-4 weeks ago. I wanted the spark because of the $500 bonus but glad it didn't work out because I wasn't aware at the time it reported to my personal CR. The ink cash is only $200 but will be a better card in the long run. I already have an ink plus so that wasn't an option to receive the 70k bonus again.

That makes sense.  Wait until our Ink+ ages to two years and then get the bonus again.  At least that's my plan.  

Message 15 of 20
Johnna55

I recently applied for the Venture One and I was denied with no hard pull. Called customer service and the lady told me about their new 6 month policy. It came into effect June 1, 2016. They should really start advertising it so people can know.

Message 16 of 20
Loquat
Moderator Emeritus

@Johnna55 wrote:

I recently applied for the Venture One and I was denied with no hard pull. Called customer service and the lady told me about their new 6 month policy. It came into effect June 1, 2016. They should really start advertising it so people can know.

I'm not sure there is a need to advertise this info if it's indeed true as I'd guess that the average consumer doesn't double app for the same card.  Until I arrived here at the forums I didn't know that CapOne would allow multiple cards.  Heck I didn't think any company allowed such...

Message 17 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

I do know from personal experience if you have applied for a cap one card do not apply again for 45 days. Also.. If you have 2 sub prime cards, that is your max limit. I got a denial on the Cap Platinum becuase I have the quicksilver one MC and Secured cap Platinum. Was declined with message (too many cards) There is a higher limit on Prime cards Quicksilver Visa, Venture card, etc.

2 cents

Message 18 of 20
tcbofade
Super Contributor

Frankly, I'm rather unimpressed with Capital One anyway.  Over the next 30 days or so, I'm paying them off and leaving them empty... might consolidate, might simply close them.

04/01/24 Fico 8: EX 763, EQ 799, TU 783.
Fico 9: EX 756 03/13/24, EQ 790 02/04/24, TU No idea.

Zero percent financing is where the devil lives...
Message 19 of 20
Johnna55

The average consumer may have multiple cards with one credit card company.
Message 20 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.