cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Capital One Card Consolidations?

tag
adamkingadam
Regular Contributor

Re: New Capital One Card Consolidations?

@masscredit wrote:

Wondering if anyone has recently been able to combine two or more of their Capital One cards?  This feature is located under the Services tab when you log into your account.  So goto Servies then More. You'll then see it towards the bottom of the Card Services row.  

Some info that Capital One lists -

There are several factors that determine eligibility. The most common ones are listed below. These factors may not all apply to you. Please note that this is not a complete list and other factors are also considered.

• At least one of your cards had missed or late payments in the last 6 months; has a balance over its credit limit; or was charged off in the last 12 months meaning, due to a series of missed payments, the account was closed
  • The card you intend to close as a part of the combination has been open for less than 6 months
  • All of your cards have a balance greater than $0 (at least one card must have a $0 balance and no pending transactions)
  • Secured cards, co-brand cards (e.g., GM, Union Plus) and private label retail cards (e.g., Kohl’s, Neiman Marcus) cannot be combined at this time 

This feature has worked for some people while others, including myself, haven't had any success. Cap 1 has said it it's slowly being rolled out. 

I'm including the link to a thread that was started last year. It's kind of long so I figured a new one might be helpful.

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Capital-One-Card-Consolidation/td-p/4113430

I was able combine this past saturday 7/16 with no issues. 

Starting Scores: 1/1/2016
EX 600 EQ 598 TU 610
Current Fico Scores (9/2016):EX: 674 EQ: 678 TU: 689
Message 41 of 57
jawbrkr
Established Contributor

In regards to the Miles, I know when i combined my VentureOne into my Venture, I was able to transfer to the miles accured on the V1 to the Venture before combining. So I didnt lose them. I have no idea if it works as well when combining a cash card with a miles card. I am assuming it can be done.

|| TU08: 811 || EQ08: 811 || EX08: 802 ||

Message 42 of 57
grillandwinemaster
Valued Contributor

excellent information! Thank y'all for your valuable advice. I'll be sure to implement this strategy when I get ready to pull the trigger! 

Current Scores 3/2016 Equifax 676 Transunion 697 Experian 648 Goal Scores: 720's accross the board. Gardening Goal: 3/2017
Message 43 of 57
masscredit
Valued Contributor

@jawbrkr wrote:

In regards to the Miles, I know when i combined my VentureOne into my Venture, I was able to transfer to the miles accured on the V1 to the Venture before combining. So I didnt lose them. I have no idea if it works as well when combining a cash card with a miles card. I am assuming it can be done.

I thought it was either use them or lose them.  Didn't know they could be combined. Did you do that online or by contacting someone at Cap 1?

Pre-Credit Rebuild Scores Pre-DC (3/24/22) - EQ - 524 / TU - 519 / EX - 495

Current Scores - EQ - 687 / TU - 663/ EX - 677

TD Bank - $5000 / Mercury - $5000 / Capital One Savor One- $5000 / SDFCU Secured - $4990 / Capital One QuickSiver - $4500 / Ally Master Card - $2800/ Walmart Mastercard - $2250

Andrews FCU SSL $1500
Message 44 of 57
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@masscredit wrote:

@jawbrkr wrote:

I thought it was either use them or lose them.  Didn't know they could be combined. Did you do that online or by contacting someone at Cap 1?

It's not really part of the combination itself; before you do the combination you have to go online and transfer the rewards from one account to another manually... then you do the combination.  Smiley Wink

If you fail to redeem or transfer rewards before combining, any rewards on the account being closed will be forfeited. 

(For a while they had taken away the ability to transfer rewards from one card to another, but now it's back.)

Message 45 of 57
jawbrkr
Established Contributor

@masscredit wrote:

@jawbrkr wrote:

I did it online before combining. I didnt have to call Cap1. When you attempt to combine, it asks you if you want to transfer the miles accrued prior to combining. I believe its at the bottom of the page or near it.

|| TU08: 811 || EQ08: 811 || EX08: 802 ||

Message 46 of 57
TiminCO
Valued Member

Just a quick update:

After paying my balance on one of my QS cards I was able to combine with the other that has a balance for a new CL of $21,500.

Message 47 of 57
TiminCO
Valued Member

@jawbrkr wrote:

@masscredit wrote:

@jawbrkr wrote:

I did it online before combining. I didnt have to call Cap1. When you attempt to combine, it asks you if you want to transfer the miles accrued prior to combining. I believe its at the bottom of the page or near it.

+1

Message 48 of 57
absoluttiger
Valued Member

I did one today. Got a small credit limit increase on each ($150 on one, $250 on the other) and combined them into a nice $4,200 limit card. It's been a long time since I've had a limit that high, hard work is paying off little by little.

Anyone know how long before I could add another Capital One card? I'd likely add it to just combine with this one eventually.

Starting Scores in the 400's.
Current Eq. 633, Transunion 660, Exp. 652
Message 49 of 57
masscredit
Valued Contributor

@jawbrkr wrote:

@masscredit wrote:

@jawbrkr wrote:

I see it now. It's under Benefits - Select Account -  then scroll down to transfer rewards. Enter name and account number.

Pre-Credit Rebuild Scores Pre-DC (3/24/22) - EQ - 524 / TU - 519 / EX - 495

Current Scores - EQ - 687 / TU - 663/ EX - 677

TD Bank - $5000 / Mercury - $5000 / Capital One Savor One- $5000 / SDFCU Secured - $4990 / Capital One QuickSiver - $4500 / Ally Master Card - $2800/ Walmart Mastercard - $2250

Andrews FCU SSL $1500
Message 50 of 57
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.