cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Capital One Card Consolidations?

tag
MyLoFICO
Valued Contributor

Re: New Capital One Card Consolidations?

@mattmyFIC0 wrote:

@MyLoFICO wrote:

Both accounts have to be more than 6 months old. The one being merged into needs a 0 balance. And from what I have read here, there are certain cards that cannot be merged. I have 2 QS1's with a 0 balance right now and it will let me combine them either way I want to go but I am waiting on CLI's.

I'm not sure on that part. I tried on my account and I can combine my Venture (10 months old) into my Quicksilver (4 months old).

Disregard my posted image link. I understand what you are sying now. They say it has to be but yours merged while under 6 mos old. I tried before mine hit 6 and they qouldn't merge. Maybe it is something behind the scenes. 

Experian: 677 (28) | TransUnion: 697 (27) | Equifax: 684 (6)
Gardening as of: 1-23-2018
Updated 1-25-18
Message 11 of 57
Anonymous
Not applicable

Still not working for me. It's the slowest rollout pilot I've ever seen. If I ever planned a rollout this crummy I'd be fired on the spot. Ridiculous....

I don't like how the throw up the stupid generic reasons, just say we haven't gotten to your accounts yet give a few weeks or days, something better than the junk they are displaying. I try everyday for the sport of it now, maybe it'll gum up the systems or they'll see my perservance and throw me a bone 😄

OTOH, I was able to transfer miles from one account to another so I've got that working in my favor at least.
Message 12 of 57
thummel
Established Contributor

Notice how it says the most common reason are below. There might be more reasons as to why someone might seem eligible to combine but doesn't meet the standards we can't see. Just some food for thought.
Message 13 of 57
Blackbeauty212
Frequent Contributor

@mattmyFIC0 wrote:

@MyLoFICO wrote:

Both accounts have to be more than 6 months old. The one being merged into needs a 0 balance. And from what I have read here, there are certain cards that cannot be merged. I have 2 QS1's with a 0 balance right now and it will let me combine them either way I want to go but I am waiting on CLI's.

I'm not sure on that part. I tried on my account and I can combine my Venture (10 months old) into my Quicksilver (4 months old).

Only the Card that you Transferring FROM and Closing needs to be >6 months old

Message 14 of 57
jawbrkr
Established Contributor

I consolidated just last week. Only one of my cards was over 6 months old. So both cards having to be 6 months old is not entirely true. In my case I kept the younger card and the combination was done right after I received and activated the card.

|| TU08: 811 || EQ08: 811 || EX08: 802 ||

Message 15 of 57
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

i have not had any luck yet with this feature. I have been trying, and hopfully sometime in the near future.

is this the reason why you have 4 cap QS? I thought it's a missed HTML codings Smiley Happy

Message 16 of 57
masscredit
Valued Contributor

I have four Cap 1 cards. The two oldest are my QuickSilver and a Venture One. Both of them are over 4 years old and have changed over the years.   The QS started off as a Platinum card and the Venture One was an HSBC card before it was picked up by Cap 1 a couple of years ago then it was PCed to what it is now.  I don't think the history of these two cards is stopped them from being combined but anything is possible. My other QS and the Venture card will be 6 months old in two weeks. 

It's kind of fustrating when there is a feature available and it looks like the cards qualify but it's not available to me (or you). 

Pre-Credit Rebuild Scores Pre-DC (3/24/22) - EQ - 524 / TU - 519 / EX - 495

Current Scores - EQ - 687 / TU - 663/ EX - 677

TD Bank - $5000 / Mercury - $5000 / Capital One Savor One- $5000 / SDFCU Secured - $4990 / Capital One QuickSiver - $4500 / Ally Master Card - $2800/ Walmart Mastercard - $2250

Andrews FCU SSL $1500
Message 17 of 57
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks masscredit for starting a new thread. Unfortunately, I haven't been able to combine.
Message 18 of 57
mdd0214
Contributor

Thanks for posting about this! I'm trying to combine more of my cards to keep things simpler. Just another data point: I have an old QS that I haven't used in a long time. Combined that with brand new Venture to bump up CL. I have not even received my Venture card yet. In fact, I had such little activity with Cap One that the Venture was restricted due to suspected fraud in the app until I called this morning (for verification they took my name, dob and address and just called me back on my account contact number to ask again if I had applied).

Message 19 of 57
Pway
Valued Contributor

I was not able to consolidate my cards until they were over a year old.  I was successful then.  

Thank you for the wealth of knowledge I have learned from these forums. I am logging off as of November 9, 2022. I wish everyone great success.
Message 20 of 57
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.