cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Capital One Card Consolidations?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: New Capital One Card Consolidations?

Hey mass i combined 2 of my cards in my sig to the first qs in my sig. Just had to clear the accounts of any balances and rewards then wait 6 months. Account combo is open.
Message 21 of 57
driftless
Valued Contributor

Some time ago I was talking to a Cap One CSR about a problem with a foreign transaction and we talked the consolidation. The CSR's have another sheet of requirements and restrictions that they are not allowed to disclose. She went on to say that the team that is working on this project do not communicate with the CSR's.
CSR | Amex Platinum | EDP | QS (2)
Amex Blue Business Plus
Message 22 of 57
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can someone tell me how it reports when you do combine? Does the card you combine to still report with the same open date?

Message 23 of 57
driftless
Valued Contributor

Yes, but as a closed account.
Amex Blue Business Plus
Message 24 of 57
grillandwinemaster
Valued Contributor

Excellent new thread, thanks OP. Need a little guidance and direction from some of you expert Cap1 combo artists. I currently have 1-Cap1 qs1 two years old. If I open another Cap1 account with the intent of a future combination, which Cap1 card would y'all recommend for this? 

Venture? 

QS? 

Thank y'all in advance!

Current Scores 3/2016 Equifax 676 Transunion 697 Experian 648 Goal Scores: 720's accross the board. Gardening Goal: 3/2017
Message 25 of 57
masscredit
Valued Contributor

@grillandwinemaster wrote:

Excellent new thread, thanks OP. Need a little guidance and direction from some of you expert Cap1 combo artists. I currently have 1-Cap1 qs1 two years old. If I open another Cap1 account with the intent of a future combination, which Cap1 card would y'all recommend for this? 

Venture? 

QS? 

Thank y'all in advance!

I would try for the card that fits you best. QS if you want cash rewards and Venture if you want to work on airline miles. If your thinking about applying for another card, maybe go for two at the same time and possibly only get hit with one inquiry.  See this thread - http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Card-Applications/Cap-1-multiple-cards-w-1-pull-and-other-que...

Pre-Credit Rebuild Scores Pre-DC (3/24/22) - EQ - 524 / TU - 519 / EX - 495

Current Scores - EQ - 687 / TU - 663/ EX - 677

SDFCU Secured - $5000 / TD Bank - $5000 / Mercury - $5000 / Capital One Savor One- $5000 / Capital One QuickSiver - $4500 / Ally Master Card - $2800/ Walmart Mastercard - $2250

Andrews FCU SSL $1500
Message 26 of 57
driftless
Valued Contributor

If you are purely interested in another card for adding to your CL, the Venture cards seem to have higher SL's than QS based on an unscientific reading of the approval section. I would use it hard for 3 mos, ask for a CLI then and then again at 6 mos. and then try to combine it.
Amex Blue Business Plus
Message 27 of 57
grillandwinemaster
Valued Contributor

@masscredit wrote:

@grillandwinemaster wrote:

Venture? 

QS? 

Thank y'all in advance!

I would try for the card that fits you best. QS if you want cash rewards and Venture if you want to work on airline miles. If your thinking about applying for another card, maybe go for two at the same time and possibly only get hit with one inquiry.  See this thread - http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Card-Applications/Cap-1-multiple-cards-w-1-pull-and-other-que...

Thanks MassCredit, very informative thread. Thanks for the reference. 

Current Scores 3/2016 Equifax 676 Transunion 697 Experian 648 Goal Scores: 720's accross the board. Gardening Goal: 3/2017
Message 28 of 57
grillandwinemaster
Valued Contributor

@driftless wrote:
If you are purely interested in another card for adding to your CL, the Venture cards seem to have higher SL's than QS based on an unscientific reading of the approval section. I would use it hard for 3 mos, ask for a CLI then and then again at 6 mos. and then try to combine it.

Good point! Yes, my primary reason would be to increase my CL, thanks for the tip DriftLess!

Message 29 of 57
masscredit
Valued Contributor

I've also found that the Venture provides higher starting limits than the QS. I applied for two cards in January. I hit the submit button for the card first. It was approved for $15K. I then submitted an app for QS seconds after that.  It was approved for $10K. 

Pre-Credit Rebuild Scores Pre-DC (3/24/22) - EQ - 524 / TU - 519 / EX - 495

Current Scores - EQ - 687 / TU - 663/ EX - 677

SDFCU Secured - $5000 / TD Bank - $5000 / Mercury - $5000 / Capital One Savor One- $5000 / Capital One QuickSiver - $4500 / Ally Master Card - $2800/ Walmart Mastercard - $2250

Andrews FCU SSL $1500
Message 30 of 57
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.