Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Capital One Cash Rewards Card?

tag
asteroidblues86
Regular Contributor

New Capital One Cash Rewards Card?

Got a preapproval for a Capital One Cash Rewards card in the mail yesterday and I assumed it would be the typical green one that Jimmy Fallon pitches on TV. But when I opened it the letter says 1.5% unlimited cash back on every purchase, $100 one-time bonus, $0 annual fee. The photo of the card is the traditional Capital One platinum visa design. Anyone get this offer or seen it before?

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
jinxd
Valued Member

Re: New Capital One Cash Rewards Card?

I havent' seen the offer but my CapOne Platinum earns cash back, 2% on gas and groceries, 1% on everything else. No AF and 0% for 6 months. 

Message 2 of 16
jsucool76
Super Contributor

@asteroidblues86 wrote:

Got a preapproval for a Capital One Cash Rewards card in the mail yesterday and I assumed it would be the typical green one that Jimmy Kimmel pitches on TV. But when I opened it the letter says 1.5% unlimited cash back on every purchase, $100 one-time bonus, $0 annual fee. The photo of the card is the traditional Capital One platinum visa design. Anyone get this offer or seen it before?

That is the Regular green capital one card. This is the one for "Excellent" credit. It earns 1% back on everything, with a 50% dividend each year, so an effective 1.5% cash back. 

@Anonymous for this card start @ $3000, a $5000 limit will get you a visa siggy

Card

Message 3 of 16
asteroidblues86
Regular Contributor

@jsucool76 wrote:

@asteroidblues86 wrote:

Got a preapproval for a Capital One Cash Rewards card in the mail yesterday and I assumed it would be the typical green one that Jimmy Kimmel pitches on TV. But when I opened it the letter says 1.5% unlimited cash back on every purchase, $100 one-time bonus, $0 annual fee. The photo of the card is the traditional Capital One platinum visa design. Anyone get this offer or seen it before?

That is the Regular green capital one card. This is the one for "Excellent" credit. It earns 1% back on everything, with a 50% dividend each year, so an effective 1.5% cash back. 

Card

No, the app says card earns 1.5% on every purchase. There is no waiting for the annual bonus.

Message 4 of 16
jsucool76
Super Contributor

@asteroidblues86 wrote:

@jsucool76 wrote:

@asteroidblues86 wrote:

Card

No, the app says card earns 1.5% on every purchase. There is no waiting for the annual bonus.

Well no such card is currently offered by capital one. So you got a special offer. 

Message 5 of 16
mxp114
Valued Contributor

Technically you do earn 1.5% on every purchase, even if the 50% bonus is annual. 1.5% monthly beats 1% monthly and 50% annually, so if it is that way then congrats on the exciting new card product offering.

Message 6 of 16
jsucool76
Super Contributor

@mxp114 wrote:

Technically you do earn 1.5% on every purchase, even if the 50% bonus is annual. 1.5% monthly beats 1% monthly and 50% annually, so if it is that way then congrats on the exciting new card product offering.

Cap1 posts their rewards by transaction, not monthly Smiley Tongue 

Only thing I like about them, my rewards are constantly going up, without waiting for a statement, and I can redeem whenever without a min threshold. 

Message 7 of 16
mxp114
Valued Contributor

@jsucool76 wrote:

@mxp114 wrote:

Cap1 posts their rewards by transaction, not monthly Smiley Tongue 

Only thing I like about them, my rewards are constantly going up, without waiting for a statement, and I can redeem whenever without a min threshold. 

Good to know, that's how my BofA World Points card works too Smiley Wink

Message 8 of 16
asteroidblues86
Regular Contributor

Here it is:

Message 9 of 16
beb86
Valued Contributor

Jimmy Fallon is who does the commercials.. fyi but heck maybe Jimmy Kimmel does them too
Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.