Credit Cards Center Credit cards from our partners
Reply
Regular Contributor
Posts: 234
Registered: ‎08-04-2012
0

New Capital One Cash Rewards Card?

[ Edited ]

Got a preapproval for a Capital One Cash Rewards card in the mail yesterday and I assumed it would be the typical green one that Jimmy Fallon pitches on TV. But when I opened it the letter says 1.5% unlimited cash back on every purchase, $100 one-time bonus, $0 annual fee. The photo of the card is the traditional Capital One platinum visa design. Anyone get this offer or seen it before?

Valued Member
Posts: 39
Registered: ‎07-20-2012
0

Re: New Capital One Cash Rewards Card?

I havent' seen the offer but my CapOne Platinum earns cash back, 2% on gas and groceries, 1% on everything else. No AF and 0% for 6 months. 

Super Contributor
Posts: 7,489
Registered: ‎12-11-2011
0

Re: New Capital One Cash Rewards Card?


asteroidblues86 wrote:

Got a preapproval for a Capital One Cash Rewards card in the mail yesterday and I assumed it would be the typical green one that Jimmy Kimmel pitches on TV. But when I opened it the letter says 1.5% unlimited cash back on every purchase, $100 one-time bonus, $0 annual fee. The photo of the card is the traditional Capital One platinum visa design. Anyone get this offer or seen it before?


That is the Regular green capital one card. This is the one for "Excellent" credit. It earns 1% back on everything, with a 50% dividend each year, so an effective 1.5% cash back. 

 

CLs for this card start @ $3000, a $5000 limit will get you a visa siggy

 

Card



Regular Contributor
Posts: 234
Registered: ‎08-04-2012
0

Re: New Capital One Cash Rewards Card?


jsucool76 wrote:

asteroidblues86 wrote:

Got a preapproval for a Capital One Cash Rewards card in the mail yesterday and I assumed it would be the typical green one that Jimmy Kimmel pitches on TV. But when I opened it the letter says 1.5% unlimited cash back on every purchase, $100 one-time bonus, $0 annual fee. The photo of the card is the traditional Capital One platinum visa design. Anyone get this offer or seen it before?


That is the Regular green capital one card. This is the one for "Excellent" credit. It earns 1% back on everything, with a 50% dividend each year, so an effective 1.5% cash back. 

 

CLs for this card start @ $3000, a $5000 limit will get you a visa siggy

 

Card


No, the app says card earns 1.5% on every purchase. There is no waiting for the annual bonus.

Super Contributor
Posts: 7,489
Registered: ‎12-11-2011
0

Re: New Capital One Cash Rewards Card?


asteroidblues86 wrote:

jsucool76 wrote:

asteroidblues86 wrote:

Got a preapproval for a Capital One Cash Rewards card in the mail yesterday and I assumed it would be the typical green one that Jimmy Kimmel pitches on TV. But when I opened it the letter says 1.5% unlimited cash back on every purchase, $100 one-time bonus, $0 annual fee. The photo of the card is the traditional Capital One platinum visa design. Anyone get this offer or seen it before?


That is the Regular green capital one card. This is the one for "Excellent" credit. It earns 1% back on everything, with a 50% dividend each year, so an effective 1.5% cash back. 

 

CLs for this card start @ $3000, a $5000 limit will get you a visa siggy

 

Card


No, the app says card earns 1.5% on every purchase. There is no waiting for the annual bonus.


Well no such card is currently offered by capital one. So you got a special offer. 



Valued Contributor
Posts: 1,547
Registered: ‎09-01-2011
0

Re: New Capital One Cash Rewards Card?

Technically you do earn 1.5% on every purchase, even if the 50% bonus is annual. 1.5% monthly beats 1% monthly and 50% annually, so if it is that way then congrats on the exciting new card product offering.

Super Contributor
Posts: 7,489
Registered: ‎12-11-2011
0

Re: New Capital One Cash Rewards Card?


mxp114 wrote:

Technically you do earn 1.5% on every purchase, even if the 50% bonus is annual. 1.5% monthly beats 1% monthly and 50% annually, so if it is that way then congrats on the exciting new card product offering.


Cap1 posts their rewards by transaction, not monthly Smiley Tongue 

 

Only thing I like about them, my rewards are constantly going up, without waiting for a statement, and I can redeem whenever without a min threshold. 



Valued Contributor
Posts: 1,547
Registered: ‎09-01-2011
0

Re: New Capital One Cash Rewards Card?


jsucool76 wrote:

mxp114 wrote:

Technically you do earn 1.5% on every purchase, even if the 50% bonus is annual. 1.5% monthly beats 1% monthly and 50% annually, so if it is that way then congrats on the exciting new card product offering.


Cap1 posts their rewards by transaction, not monthly Smiley Tongue 

 

Only thing I like about them, my rewards are constantly going up, without waiting for a statement, and I can redeem whenever without a min threshold. 


Good to know, that's how my BofA World Points card works too Smiley Wink

Regular Contributor
Posts: 234
Registered: ‎08-04-2012
0

Re: New Capital One Cash Rewards Card?

Here it is:

 

Valued Contributor
Posts: 1,115
Registered: ‎10-31-2011
0

Re: New Capital One Cash Rewards Card?

Jimmy Fallon is who does the commercials.. fyi but heck maybe Jimmy Kimmel does them too
ccpics2.jpg

Forums posts are not provided or commissioned by FICO. Forums posts have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by FICO. It is not FICO's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.

Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
† Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on internal myFICO analysis of actual applicant approvals, and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range. These ranges were not provided by any card issuer.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.