Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Cards...when do they give CLI???

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

New Cards...when do they give CLI???

Ok people In the last month I have gotten 5 new credit cards. ( Cap 1 QS1 & Plat, Discover it, Barclay rewards, PNC cashbuilder )

App spree crazy i guess you can say lol!!!

But My question is for Discover and Barclay specifically... How does the CLI process work with them? How soon can you ask for one? I know with the Cap 1's I can ask after the 2nd statement or 60+ days then you still get credit steps.

I am running every penny I can thru Discover and Cap1's ( havent gotten barclay & Pnc yet).

I dont plan to use the PNC one except to travel its my biggest limit yet im a baby it lol.

Any help would be appreciated. THANK YOU IN ADVANCE

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: New Cards...when do they give CLI???

Well, for cards like Overstock, Marathon, Jcrew etc, I been getting every 30 days between $200-$300 bucks,

Barclay nailed me and took $1,500  a few months ago , ugh Smiley Sad

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: New Cards...when do they give CLI???

For Discover, you should first try at 90 days and for the Barclays card at 6 months.  With the Discover, it's an SP to request a CLI and you can ask at any time but realistically 90 days is when you'r first likely to see an increase.  For the Barclays, if you request one online or just call up and ask for a CLI it will be an HP.  However, there is a way to ask for a CLI and APR reduction that is only a SP but you need to make sure you do the process in the right way or it too will result in an HP.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.