Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Chase Amazon.com Visa

tag
CreditScholar
Valued Contributor

New Chase Amazon.com Visa

If anyone has this card, are the points only redeemable at amazon.com? Or are they transferrable to Ultimate Rewards if you have a UR card already (like Freedom + CSP)?

I'm guessing it's the first, but can anyone clarify for sure?

EX 798, EQ 789, TU 784
American Express Platinum (NPSL) || Bank of America Privileges with Travel Rewards Visa Signature - $23,200 CL
Barclays American Airlines Aviator Red World Elite Mastercard - $20,000 CL || Chase IHG Rewards World Mastercard - $25,000 CL
Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature - $12,700 CL || Chase United MileagePlus Club World Elite MasterCard - $26,500 CL
Citibank Hilton Reserve Visa Signature - $20,000 CL || J.P. Morgan Ritz Carlton Visa Signature - $23,500 CL
Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: New Chase Amazon.com Visa

I looked at this card before when I applied for Citi Forward. I think its actually been around for awhile but only recently did Chase put it up on their website. Points are only good on Amazon as you mentioned.

Message 2 of 17
CreditScholar
Valued Contributor

That kills that one then.

I really wish Chase would have an everyday rewards spending card with year-round bonuses like BCE/BCP: groceries, drugstores, gas, and maybe phone/cable bills.

The Freedom is ok, but the $1,500 quarterly cap seems a bit low.

EX 798, EQ 789, TU 784
American Express Platinum (NPSL) || Bank of America Privileges with Travel Rewards Visa Signature - $23,200 CL
Barclays American Airlines Aviator Red World Elite Mastercard - $20,000 CL || Chase IHG Rewards World Mastercard - $25,000 CL
Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature - $12,700 CL || Chase United MileagePlus Club World Elite MasterCard - $26,500 CL
Citibank Hilton Reserve Visa Signature - $20,000 CL || J.P. Morgan Ritz Carlton Visa Signature - $23,500 CL
Message 3 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CreditScholar wrote:

I really wish Chase would have an everyday rewards spending card with year-round bonuses like BCE/BCP: groceries, drugstores, gas, and maybe phone/cable bills.

Are you staying away from Amex for some reason? BCP may suit you well since it's uncapped on everyday spending. If it's not too much trouble you can also buy gift cards at the supermarket and get 6% back at a bunch of places that way.

Message 4 of 17
trumpet-205
Valued Contributor

In any case, Citi Forward yields about 3.2% of statement credit when you use it on Amazon.

Message 5 of 17
CreditScholar
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@CreditScholar wrote:

Are you staying away from Amex for some reason? BCP may suit you well since it's uncapped on everyday spending. If it's not too much trouble you can also buy gift cards at the supermarket and get 6% back at a bunch of places that way.

The main reason is that most merchants around here (about 80% or more) don't take Amex. Otherwise it's something I'd consider.

The other reason I avoid cards like BCE/BCP is that they're cash-back cards. I'd much rather have points that are transferrable (like MR and UR). I might be looking for something that doesn't exist, since everyday spending is usually a very different type of card than travel rewards.

Currently we spend about 10k per year on groceries for the two of us, $2000 on gas, $2500 at drugstores, plus $2000 on internet/phone bills. I was just looking for something that provides a bit more than the 1.07% I'm getting now on my CSP.

EX 798, EQ 789, TU 784
Message 6 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have had this card for a while. If you shop a lot at Amazon, you can't beat it. 3% back on their already very low prices. Not as good as Freedom's 5% which I also have but it's not capped and it runs year round. But yes, the points are only redeemable at Amazon. However if you shop their that much, it doesn't really matter.
Message 7 of 17
tsquad131
Frequent Contributor

its not only redeemable at amazon. ive had the card over a year, you can redeem for gift cards, statement credits, checks, and some plane tickets but im sure there are a lot of restrictions on that. its not that bad of a card for no annual fee 3% amazon, 2% restaurants,gas and drugstores, and 1% everything and no caps. you have to get enough points to redeem for other things starting at 5,000 points otherwise you can deduct your points from your purchase if you dont want to wait till you have that much. ive redeemed it 3 times already for $50 statement credits

amazon
Message 8 of 17
navigatethis12
Valued Contributor

@tsquad131 wrote:

its not only redeemable at amazon. ive had the card over a year, you can redeem for gift cards, statement credits, checks, and some plane tickets but im sure there are a lot of restrictions on that. its not that bad of a card for no annual fee 3% amazon, 2% restaurants,gas and drugstores, and 1% everything and no caps. you have to get enough points to redeem for other things starting at 5,000 points otherwise you can deduct your points from your purchase if you dont want to wait till you have that much. ive redeemed it 3 times already for $50 statement credits

All of the above is true, howver you can only redeem for checks up to $600 a year. Nothing else is capped. I was surprised about the drugstrores as I do not know any other card that gives bonus points for that.

Also for anyone that has the card, you get 20% off "Grocery and Gourmet Food" up to $100 when you use the card at Amazon.com until March 31st. It's a pretty sweet deal.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html?ie=UTF8&docId=1000772821#offrules

Message 9 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think it's up to 20% off certain items.
Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.