New Chase Card Coming ?

tag
CreditScholar
Valued Contributor

Re: New Chase Card Coming ?

@CS800 wrote:

@CreditScholar wrote:

@CS800 wrote:

Wonder what happened to the Palladium and why it's no longer on the website.

It's going to be offered to CPC and PB clients only, as it was originally intended. Therefore there's no need to put it on the public website.

So it will become exclusive like the Centurion it seems like.

Yes and it was always intended to be. For awhile there was a backdoor for applications, but that was a mistake which they're trying to rectify. This is why applications now need endorsement from your CPC/PB banker, and also why they've removed it from the public's view.

EX 798, EQ 789, TU 784
American Express Platinum (NPSL) || Bank of America Privileges with Travel Rewards Visa Signature - $23,200 CL
Barclays American Airlines Aviator Red World Elite Mastercard - $20,000 CL || Chase IHG Rewards World Mastercard - $25,000 CL
Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature - $12,700 CL || Chase United MileagePlus Club World Elite MasterCard - $26,500 CL
Citibank Hilton Reserve Visa Signature - $20,000 CL || J.P. Morgan Ritz Carlton Visa Signature - $23,500 CL
Message 21 of 33
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@CreditScholar wrote:
Part of providing good customer service is also having well-trained CSRs. Once they become responsible for several products, quality will most likely suffer since it's harder to know 5 products extremely well compared to just 1. As it stands I just don't see that Chase has enough incentive to introduce new cards into this space, although this may change in the future.

Excellent post!

Regarding Chase offering new products, I haven't paid attention to credit cards until recently, but it certainly appears like it'll be cyclical based on market position.  That said, the CSP isn't an everyday card for the vast majority of consumers, don't think I've ever seen one out in the wild personally but admittedly I don't see that many, but I watch what people pay with in restaurants and that'd be a prime contender there.

In any event, BOFA changed their product suite last year (for the better) to compete with Amex and Chase, presumably WF will as well as reportedly they need to diversify their balance sheet more.  Citi, Chase, Amex, etc. all have been doing small changes.  It's about getting the right product for the right demographic, and having enough of a marketing push behind it.  

Right now Chase seems to have that, but most people seem to simply pickup products from their own bank.  Whether it's laziness, or only knowing the world as it's presented to them, the gateway to the average consumer appears to be through their checking account.  Least where I work, people who have discretionary income even, tend to have cards 1:1 with their depository institutions.

Near as I can tell short of my GM, I'm the only one on my org chart that has an Amex; somehow think companies are just missing with their marketing, simply not reaching down far enough as I'm the frugal one of the bunch.

        
Message 22 of 33
bribro
Valued Contributor

Chase is always working on new credit cards, but the JPM Select and Palladium aren't going away anytime soon.

@ipad2003 wrote:
I hope not. Their products are always toy limits IMO

Hah.

TU FICO: 800 (2/1/14) | CK Score: 802 (2/1/14) | CS Score: 805 (2/1/14)

J.P. Morgan Palladium ($250k) | AmEx Platinum (NPSL) | AmEx SPG Personal/Business ($50k/$50k) | Citi Executive AAdvantage WEMC ($50k) | Citi Dividend WEMC ($50k) | Chase Sapphire Preferred VS ($50k) | Chase Ink Bold WEMC ($50k Flex) | Chase Ink Plus WEMC ($25k) | Chase Freedom VS ($25k) | Chase Freedom WMC ($25k) | Chase MileagePlus Explorer ($25k) | Chase Southwest RR Plus Business/Personal ($15k/$15k) | Barclays US Airways ($25k) | Barclays Hawaiian Airlines ($25k) | BofA Alaska Airlines ($10k) | Lexus Financial Services ($30k) | Mercedes-Benz Financial Services ($50k)
Message 23 of 33
GeneralCucumbre
Regular Contributor

@ipad2003 wrote:
I hope not. Their products are always toy limits IMO

Maybe for newcomers to credit...but even if you have some established history I find that Chase is hardly ever shortcoming with their credit lines.  I have seen people here on this board who claim to be 18 or 19 years old and get approved for a Chase Sapphire card which requires a minimum $5K credit line.  Now, they could be lying for all I know but lets just assume that they are telling the truth... personally, I think thats pretty good for someone at that age.

When I turned 18, my first credit card was with Chase and it sure wasn't given the credit line it has today.  But after years of history and building a relationship...it has grown substantially.

Also, what would you exactly classify as a "toy limit"?

AMEX Green Corporate - NPSL | AMEX Everyday - $60,000
Chase Freedom Unlimited Visa Signature - $49,500 | Chase Freedom Visa Signature - $27,300 | USAA Platinum Visa - $26,000
Message 24 of 33
CreditScholar
Valued Contributor

Anything less than 5k is a "toy limit" for me. Smiley Happy

I'm guessing though they mean $500-1000. Once you hit 2k or higher, most wouldn't consider that a toy limit anymore.

EX 798, EQ 789, TU 784
American Express Platinum (NPSL) || Bank of America Privileges with Travel Rewards Visa Signature - $23,200 CL
Barclays American Airlines Aviator Red World Elite Mastercard - $20,000 CL || Chase IHG Rewards World Mastercard - $25,000 CL
Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature - $12,700 CL || Chase United MileagePlus Club World Elite MasterCard - $26,500 CL
Citibank Hilton Reserve Visa Signature - $20,000 CL || J.P. Morgan Ritz Carlton Visa Signature - $23,500 CL
Message 25 of 33
enharu
Super Contributor

@CreditScholar wrote:

Anything less than 5k is a "toy limit" for me. Smiley Happy

I'm guessing though they mean $500-1000. Once you hit 2k or higher, most wouldn't consider that a toy limit anymore.

I'm really envious of your cards! Hopefully Chase will raise my limits soon but I doubt it.

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 26 of 33
CS800
Super Contributor

The palladium will be by invite only. One will have to satisfy certain $$ asset requirements.

Message 27 of 33
MrShush
Valued Contributor

I hope the true benefit of carrying the JPM Select does not disappear. I'm going to order a replacement card just in case.
Message 28 of 33
CS800
Super Contributor

@MrShush wrote:
I hope the true benefit of carrying the JPM Select does not disappear. I'm going to order a replacement card just in case.

I wonder why the select was removed. I can understand the Palladium.

Message 29 of 33
MrShush
Valued Contributor

Not comprehensive in terms of benefits and rewards compared to the Sapphire. Aside from the hidden TL and chip, it was/is pretty basic.
Message 30 of 33
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.