Did you mean: 

New Chase Recon Policy?

tag
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Re: New Chase Recon Policy?

@Anonymous wrote:

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

Still wonder if this is mainly for their cards or co-branded cards as well.. Need more data still....Have all their cards I want now, it is the co-branded ones I would like in the future!

Not sure why there would be any confusion on this point still. There are TONS of data points about this new policy on other sites and the irreversible decision has been for their cards - Freedom, CSP, Ink and apparently now Slate. I heard someone mention Slate earlier but I hadn't seen someone mention a denial for "too many new accounts in the last 2 years" reason with that card in particular until On_My116's post.

If this is a churning issue like many of us believe, then I don't get why Slate would be a problem. Maybe it was just easier to program those automatic denials on all their own CC products instead of creating an exception. 

I think you'll be good to go with with co-branded cards with more open accounts than their current limit of 5. Standard denial reasons still apply for them of course, but at least you'll have a potentially winnable recon with them.

I just like bigger sample sizes is all...  I don't really do other forums, so haven't really read up anything other than here.. I agree I tend to believe they are more strict with their own cards vs. co-branded cards as in that case they are out the bonuses the partners are if they are churned.   Also I agree with imperfectfuture post about closing cards as well, but I have indeed closed accounts in the last two years as they were rebuider accounts thus not needed anymore so no real bonuses on them aka Credit One, Merrick and a few others so I can't really help that and can explain those away.  Just like making sure before diving into anything down the road is all as MyFico is such a small sample size of the population in general, granted people on this forum and other forums you mention as a very small population and apply for more card in a year than alot of people do in a lifetime.

Message 81 of 82
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: New Chase Recon Policy?

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

Still wonder if this is mainly for their cards or co-branded cards as well.. Need more data still....Have all their cards I want now, it is the co-branded ones I would like in the future!

Not sure why there would be any confusion on this point still. There are TONS of data points about this new policy on other sites and the irreversible decision has been for their cards - Freedom, CSP, Ink and apparently now Slate. I heard someone mention Slate earlier but I hadn't seen someone mention a denial for "too many new accounts in the last 2 years" reason with that card in particular until On_My116's post.

If this is a churning issue like many of us believe, then I don't get why Slate would be a problem. Maybe it was just easier to program those automatic denials on all their own CC products instead of creating an exception. 

I think you'll be good to go with with co-branded cards with more open accounts than their current limit of 5. Standard denial reasons still apply for them of course, but at least you'll have a potentially winnable recon with them.

I just like bigger sample sizes is all...  I don't really do other forums, so haven't really read up anything other than here.. I agree I tend to believe they are more strict with their own cards vs. co-branded cards as in that case they are out the bonuses the partners are if they are churned.   Also I agree with imperfectfuture post about closing cards as well, but I have indeed closed accounts in the last two years as they were rebuider accounts thus not needed anymore so no real bonuses on them aka Credit One, Merrick and a few others so I can't really help that and can explain those away.  Just like making sure before diving into anything down the road is all as MyFico is such a small sample size of the population in general, granted people on this forum and other forums you mention as a very small population and apply for more card in a year than alot of people do in a lifetime.

I hear you. I think the main problem is that no one outside of these communities is running into this issue because most people don't apply for 5 new credit cards in 2 years. Thus, we are the only data points available.

I don't think you'd have a hard time explaining any closed rebuilder accounts honestly. On the other hand, if you closed more than one account with just about every major bank within the past couple years, then I think you'd have a much harder time. Obviously that's an extreme, but I have to imagine most analysts can quickly distinguish between a churner's pattern of closures vs. someone who closed a rebuilder credit card with an annual fee and no rewards (especially if it's a subprime bank). 

Message 82 of 82
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.