Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Citi Prestige Card

tag
cashnocredit
Valued Contributor

Re: New Citi Prestige Card

Interesting card. Lounges suck. At least in the USA. Maybe I'll PC if I don't use the AAMC as much as expected.

I have reestablished credit over the last couple years
so my moniker is, well, rather out of date.

WM Discover $1800, WF Plat 12k, Chase Freedom Siggy18k, Amex Plat (60k H/B), Citi AA EWMC 25k
Message 11 of 22
Walt_K
Senior Contributor

@kekrre wrote:

@Walt_K wrote:

When I look at the benefits, it says the bonus is on points earned, up to 5% once you are a cardmember for 4 years or more.  CSP is a 7% bonus on points earned.  How does this blow CSP out of the water?

You're just looking at the wrong thing Smiley Happy

The relationship bonus is as follows:

Annual spend <$50,000: 5%

Annual spend between $50,000 and $100,000: 10%

Annual spend >$100,000: 20%

CitiGold relationship bonus is an additional 5%, 10%, and 15% respectively for each of those spend thresholds, respectively.

CitiPrivate Bank relationship bonus is an additional 15%, 20%, and 30% respectively, for a total annual bonus of up to 50% (for high rollers!), which I think handily beats the CSP's flat 7%.

https://creditcards.citi.com/credit-cards/citi-prestige-card/

*click on "Additional Information" - I don't think I can link directly*

Thanks.  I need to read more carefully.

Starting Score: ~500 (12/01/2008)
Current Score: EQ 681 (04/05/13); TU 98 728 (01/06/12), TU 08? 760 (provided by Barclay 1/2/14), TU 04 728 (lender pull 01/12/12); EX 742 (lender pull 01/12/12)
Goal Score: 720

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 12 of 22
distantarray
Established Contributor

United Club is much better imo

1.5 points on ANYTHING is super nice

Get to meet your friends and family AT THE GATE on United flights like the good pre-911 days

$395 annual fee

but 1 point can be worth as much as 10 cents redeemable for travel.

2 free checked bag

priority boarding

priority security lines

priority baggage

club access at any Star Alliance lounges etc.

United also has the largest amount of award seating etc. Delta is almost impossible to redeem from my experience.

If you have the combos of 

United Club + Ink + Sapphire + Freedom you can get over 25% rebate for first class flights if you use them right.

total credit limits $108,400 Credit scores Ex 728 EQ 738 TU 758
Message 13 of 22
QueenofReinvention
Contributor

I travel frequently and would have LOVED to have the United card, but , alas, my BK will hold me back from that, since CHASE was burned in my BK Smiley Sad That United card, and the Costco Amex are really the only two cards, I would really like to have. Oh, and that Fidelity card with the Bull on it, I'd like that one too, but those cards are nowhere in my stratosphere! LOL!

Message 14 of 22
distantarray
Established Contributor

@QueenofReinvention wrote:

I travel frequently and would have LOVED to have the United card, but , alas, my BK will hold me back from that, since CHASE was burned in my BK Smiley Sad That United card, and the Costco Amex are really the only two cards, I would really like to have. Oh, and that Fidelity card with the Bull on it, I'd like that one too, but those cards are nowhere in my stratosphere! LOL!

Chase can be pretty forgiving at times if you pay them back, just send them a letter stating that you would love to do business with them. I've had luck for my friends in the past.

total credit limits $108,400 Credit scores Ex 728 EQ 738 TU 758
Message 15 of 22
jsucool76
Super Contributor

I think all the cards with the bulls are merryl lynch xD
Message 16 of 22
QueenofReinvention
Contributor

@distantarray wrote:

Chase can be pretty forgiving at times if you pay them back, just send them a letter stating that you would love to do business with them. I've had luck for my friends in the past.

It was for about 9k, so I wouldn't be able to pay that back this year. But, I'll definitely take that into consideration. I wonder how that would work, "Hey, you guys purchased a WAMU account I had in my BK, but I'd like to settle with you and pay back that money so I can get your credit products Smiley Happy"

I have a business checking, savings and escrow accounts with CHASE since 2008, but, unfortunately, any credit products require personal guarantees, so I can't even apply for their business credit products either because they would pull my personal credit along with my business EIN. Boo! Smiley Sad

Thanks for the heads up that they may take me out of the blacklist if I pay them back!

Message 17 of 22
QueenofReinvention
Contributor

@jsucool76 wrote:

Yep, you are right! That's my zodiac sign Smiley Happy. Some of their cards are for SERIOUS wealthies, so that is something to aspire to from a wealth building/management perspective.

Message 18 of 22
thom02099
Valued Contributor

@jsucool76 wrote:

Yep, you are right! That's my zodiac sign Smiley Happy. Some of their cards are for SERIOUS wealthies, so that is something to aspire to from a wealth building/management perspective.

Check out www.cards.ml.com  That's the website for the Merrill Lynch cards.  No on line application, have to apply over the phone.  It's really not that difficult to get a ML card, and right now they are pushing the Merrill Lynch Total Merrill card.  They sent me that one in error, since I was approved for the Merrill Plus card.  The Accolade card?  Now THAT is in a different stratesphere!

Message 19 of 22
chnceit
Valued Contributor

This is a nice looking card, but $400 is steep. I rather go with the Platinum AMEX or even cheaper CSP Smiley Wink

Last Pulled EQ: 809
Last Credit Card App: 02/05/2016
Last CLI: 02/06/2016
Find Me: Gardening
Message 20 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.