Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Citi ThankYou Premier 50k offer, design, rewards

tag
chalupaman
Super Contributor

Re: New Citi ThankYou Premier 50k offer, design, rewards

@jps1 wrote:

I just applied for this card after seeing the post and was approved for a limit of 4,000 but I was wondering, I have a citi TY Preferred that I dont use anymore anyone know if they can move the limit and close the account? Also they said the approval was a MasterCard anyone know if they are issuing MCWE cards? Lastly what would be the number to call to see if they can look at the appication again and consider a higher limit? Thanks for the help! 

If in doubt, call the EO and see what they can do.

Tradelines: Macy’s - $18k, Penfed Power Cash Rewards - $10k, Ethan Allen (TD Bank) - $5.7k, Kay Jewelers - $5.5k, Appliances Connection - $5.3k, Jared - $5.25k, Best Buy (Citi) - $5k, Dell Preferred Account - $3.5k, Samsung - $3.2k, Firestone CFNA - $3.2k, Capital One Platinum - $3k, Mercury MC - $2.25k, Williams Sonoma - $2.1k, Wayfair (Fortiva) - $2k, Amazon Store Card - $1.8k, Apple Card - $1.7k, NFCU cashRewards - $1.5k, CareCredit - $1.5k, B&H Photo - $1.5k, Adorama - $1.25k, Ebay MC - $1k, Sam’s Club MC - $1k, American Eagle - $1k, Ollo MC - $600, Mission Lane Visa - $500, NY & Company - $500, Walgreens - $500, Home Depot - $500, Target RED Card - $500, CapOne Secured MC 0 AF - $500, Penfed Overdraft LOC - $500

Current FICOS: Mid 640s-50s on all reports, Ch 7 BK D/C Aug 2019
Starting scores: EX - 534, EQ - 574, TU - 516 | Total TLs: $91k approx | Total Utilization: 17%, getting this back down
Message 11 of 107
kdm31091
Super Contributor

@jps1 wrote:

I just applied for this card after seeing the post and was approved for a limit of 4,000 but I was wondering, I have a citi TY Preferred that I dont use anymore anyone know if they can move the limit and close the account? Also they said the approval was a MasterCard anyone know if they are issuing MCWE cards? Lastly what would be the number to call to see if they can look at the appication again and consider a higher limit? Thanks for the help! 

I believe Citi does move limits, with a HP. Also, the EO can possibly bump up your limit, but same thing -- it'll be a second HP. So for your bumped up limit and then moving a limit, you're looking at 2 additional HPs.

Message 12 of 107
jps1
Established Member

@kdm31091 wrote:

@jps1 wrote:

I believe Citi does move limits, with a HP. Also, the EO can possibly bump up your limit, but same thing -- it'll be a second HP. So for your bumped up limit and then moving a limit, you're looking at 2 additional HPs.

Wow that sucks lol why would they need to do more HPs when they just did one and probably have the report in front of them. Does anyone happen to have that number for me to call? 

Credit Union MC - $1500 / Discover IT - $2900 / Citi TYP- $3000 / BestBuy Store - $1400 / Amazon Visa- $1800
Amex Hilton Surpass- $20,000 / Barclay Arrival+ WEMC - $5,000 / Chase CSP - $11,800 / Chase Freedom - $5,800
Citi Thank You Premier - $5000 / Chase Marriott - $10,000 / Amex Delta Gold - $5,000 / Amex PRG - NPSL

Citi Hilton- $13,500 (AU) / Sears MC (AU) / Exxon Mobil (AU)
Message 13 of 107
kdm31091
Super Contributor

You can find it in the Backdoor Numbers thread. I believe they're only around Mon - Fri though.

It sucks about the additional HPs, but it's just how they are. Many report success with Citi with getting a higher limit initially, but it definitely requires the 2nd HP. Along the same lines, most accounts of moving limits with them I've heard required another HP as well.

Message 14 of 107
mxp114
Valued Contributor

@kdm31091 wrote:

Since the Thank You Preferred is now the only one left with the older design, I wonder if we will see it redesigned and hopefully the benefits improved as well.

I made this graphic, it is not real but perhaps a Preferred card would look like this. I also think Premier with a silver stripe would look much nicer but they probably went with black due to complaints about Prestige.

Message 15 of 107
mxp114
Valued Contributor

@jps1 wrote:

It will be World Elite MasterCard, I believe 99% of every MasterCard these days is now World Elite and this card is only issued as World Elite as of a few weeks or months ago. I don't remember when they updated the card from Visa Signature to World Elite MasterCard card. Check the Helpful Threads thread and then the Backdoor Numbers thread.

Message 16 of 107
noobody
Established Contributor

how much trouble if I want this promotion instead the one I sign up for?
50K/3000 spending VS 20K/2000 now + 30K/3000 next year.
I was approved for 8.4K on 2/22, they double pull EX and EQ while my CS is around 800.
good thing is they grandfather 3X dinner for one extra year for people approved before the new term take effect.
EX819 1HP|TU797 1HP| EQ(Fico8 BankCard)841
Message 17 of 107
jsucool76
Super Contributor

@noobody wrote:
I was approved for 8.4K on 2/22, they double pull EX and EQ while my CS is around 800.
good thing is they grandfather 3X dinner for one extra year for people approved before the new term take effect.

I was told by a citi CSR if it's a publicly available offer, or if you get a mailer with the offer they'll honor it within 90 days of opening the account. 

Message 18 of 107
Anonymous
Not applicable

@jsucool76 wrote:

@noobody wrote:

I was told by a citi CSR if it's a publicly available offer, or if you get a mailer with the offer they'll honor it within 90 days of opening the account. 

Did you get any more replies to your question about the 100K points for the Prestige?

Message 19 of 107
Anonymous
Not applicable

Kinda want this offer but I know citi would decline.
Message 20 of 107
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.