tag
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

Re: New Citi ThankYou Premier 50k offer, design, rewards

@Anonymous wrote:

@Imperfectfuture wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I tried to resist all day.... I said no, no... stay in the garden. Too many apps recently.... Couldn't help myself and pulled the trigger. Instant approval 10K CL.

I really need to stop reading this thread. Which bureau did they pull? Just out of curiousity....

Congrats btw Smiley Happy

Must go to bed now!!  Smiley Wink

Don't you have other min spend to meet?

Yes, it's damn tempting, but hold off till summer or fall.  Give gardening a chance.  

Not really lol The only thing I have is 1k with Hyatt, already halfway there and have 2 months to go Smiley Wink Not hard to meet 1k spend. And I'm thinking I could just make one travel purchase with this card then transfer the limit over to Slate Smiley Very Happy Put it to some use besides my EX FICO score.

Another annual fee card?

Don't know if you want to start citi with churning.  Unless you plan on keeping it.

Signature needs updating
Message 61 of 107
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Imperfectfuture wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Imperfectfuture wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I tried to resist all day.... I said no, no... stay in the garden. Too many apps recently.... Couldn't help myself and pulled the trigger. Instant approval 10K CL.

I really need to stop reading this thread. Which bureau did they pull? Just out of curiousity....

Congrats btw Smiley Happy

Must go to bed now!!  Smiley Wink

Don't you have other min spend to meet?

Yes, it's damn tempting, but hold off till summer or fall.  Give gardening a chance.  

Not really lol The only thing I have is 1k with Hyatt, already halfway there and have 2 months to go Smiley Wink Not hard to meet 1k spend. And I'm thinking I could just make one travel purchase with this card then transfer the limit over to Slate Smiley Very Happy Put it to some use besides my EX FICO score.

Another annual fee card?

Don't know if you want to start citi with churning.  Unless you plan on keeping it.

I plan on keeping it for a year since the fee is waived for a year Smiley Tongue If it seems useful enough to be worth $95 I'd keep it if not we had a nice run. But it can wait bc they aren't getting EX right now  

Message 62 of 107
lord_kinbote
Established Contributor

Not sure how TY points stack up to UR points, but I did notice that you receive 2x on entertainment cat. The CSP does not offer 2x on entertainment, just dining.

Still researching, but I do spend a lot on entertainment, so if that includes movies, the citi card may be a good addition for me. What is the difference between the Premier and the Prestige, besides the huge AF?
Message 63 of 107
Anonymous
Not applicable

They pulled Exp
Message 64 of 107
Anonymous
Not applicable

@akula wrote:
Not sure how TY points stack up to UR points, but I did notice that you receive 2x on entertainment cat. The CSP does not offer 2x on entertainment, just dining.

Still researching, but I do spend a lot on entertainment, so if that includes movies, the citi card may be a good addition for me. What is the difference between the Premier and the Prestige, besides the huge AF?

Hopefully this link comes up the way it should. I used the compare card feature on Citis website

https://www.citi.com/credit-cards/credit-cards-comparison/detail.do?ID=credit-card-comparison

Message 65 of 107
lord_kinbote
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
They pulled Exp

What was your EX FICO score and how many new accounts over the past year?  I added quite a few last year, so may need ot wait.  Thanks in adance for the info.

Message 66 of 107
onstar
Established Contributor

I'm really bummed that they changed the rewards structure on the Premier.

WAS: 3x dining/entertainment, 2x travel, 1x general, $125 AF

NOW: 3x travel including gas, 2x dining/entertainment, 1x general, $95 AF

I was going to app for this at the end of the year so that I can take advantage of the 3X dining. Ugh. Now I have to look for another 3x dining card.

BK DC 4/9/2018
FICO 08 (4/9/2018): EQ 647 EX 609 TU 620
FICO 08 (10/16/2020): EQ 676 EX 659 TU 653
Message 67 of 107
happypill
Valued Contributor

@onstar wrote:

I'm really bummed that they changed the rewards structure on the Premier.

WAS: 3x dining/entertainment, 2x travel, 1x general, $125 AF

NOW: 3x travel including gas, 2x dining/entertainment, 1x general, $95 AF

I was going to app for this at the end of the year so that I can take advantage of the 3X dining. Ugh. Now I have to look for another 3x dining card.

I wish they would do 3x dining & travel.  This seems like a pretty solid reward structure though because you can pretty much get full value for poitns if you redeem for cash, and additional value if you put in the effort to book through their travel portal (yuck) or transfer points out to partner programs.  Looks like they do not have any domestic airlines as partners though, and the only hotel transfer partner is Hilton.

Message 68 of 107
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've had 3 apps recently so that's alot to me. Amex PRG, Citi Prestige and this Premier. if I'm remember correctly I'm like 8-10 over a years time. After the approval Citi said the score they had was 762. I have to get that score back up. They did say too many inquiries, but got it anyway with that 10k line of credit.
Message 69 of 107
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've received a lot of prequals from Citi recently (diamond pref, thank you pref) but have never done business with them.  Opened two accounts in January.  650 ish, 2 year old baddies (60 day).  8 HP's, 2 in past year..  Wanted to put the cc apps to bed but am tempted by this offer.  Go for it?

Message 70 of 107
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.