MrsTice

New Credit Accounts

I noticed that my score had finally gotten up to a good score range and I wanted to get an AMEX card to diversify my credit cardsand transfer a higher interest MACY's major purhcase balance to with a low BTR and low after intro APR. I researched rates, and possibility of approval for over three weeks. I compared and contrasted the AMEX to DS and CITI and a few others like BOA, Chase, HSBC, etc. to help identify which one would be best for me to get.  I know that I am not an 800 score I just felt like after several years of paying of debt, consistently paying 10 X the min on high rate cards, I deserved better. I received a mail invitation from CITI, then Amex and finally Discover, all in the same week. I figured what they heck, I'll try it. One of them has to give me a good card that will meet my needs. I applied online for Discover, and I called AMEX and CITI. The all approved my and CITI offered me an addtional card as a professional. 
My fear is that I have hurt myself more than anything else becuase now I have four new credit card accounts. Only after joining and reading this forum did I realize the adverse impact that this could have. How long will it take to recover from this? I really wat to get to 770-810 by next June without having to do too much out of pocket. Should I call anyof them back and just cnacel them before they report? HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Senior Contributor
imducky

Re: New Credit Accounts

good question. in the last couple of months i've taken out a couple of loans and several credit card/store cards. i haven't seen a drop, but the scores aren't going through the roof either. hopefully someone with some insight will resond and we'll both get an answer.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}