Valued Contributor
thrasher865

Re: New Credit Card Laws!

Not sure if this has been brought up, but the only good way I see this affecting me is being able to use rewards on BT cards.  My point:  I have never spent a dime on interest, and hope never to do so.  All balances I've carried have been on 0% interest cards, such as my Discover card.  Now I wanted to use my Discover when it was giving 5% back on gas, but couldn't because I'd have to pay finance charges, so I opened a BoA card just for the BT rate so I could use my Discover.  I would have loved to just charge a couple hundred dollars worth of gas a month and pay that off on top of my monthly contribution to the balance.

Unfortunately, I don't see 0% offers being too easy to obtain in the future :smileysad:  At least not for people with average credit like myself.  Maybe for you 800+ FICOers, lol.

Starting Score: EQ: 665 - TU: 687
Current Score: EQ: 749 - TU: ---
Goal Score: EQ: 760 - TU: 760

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Valued Contributor
athensguy

Re: New Credit Card Laws!

I, at least, have not seen a real 0% BT offer in a couple of years.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+