Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Credit Card for Xmas?

tag
tntexans72
Valued Contributor

New Credit Card for Xmas?

Just wondering who all applied and received a CC(s) for Xmas?

I apped and received the Amex BCP this past week and that was my only wish list for Santa this season. Smiley Very Happy

Anyone else received their xmas present from Santa?

Message 1 of 37
36 REPLIES 36
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Re: New Credit Card for Xmas?

I have a credit card wish list but I dont think the credit santa would say Im worthy yet Smiley Very Happy

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 2 of 37
tinuviel
Moderator Emeritus

@tntexans72 wrote:

I apped and received the Amex BCP this past week and that was my only wish list for Santa this season. Smiley Very Happy

Well, my Xmas present from Santa wasn't a new card; it was a couple of very nice CLIs. My Dillard's Amex went from $1700 -> $4200, and DH's Lowe's went from $600 -> $4600. That's exactly the sort of thing that I had on my wish list. After all, I've been a very good girl this year! Smiley Happy

Current Scores: EQ 775 (03/04/2014), EX 756 (03/01/2014), TU 760 (03/01/2014)
Ruby Spade Garden Club Member - Last App: 03/04/2013 - No apps until 2014
Cards: Cap1 Venture 6.4k, Cap1 Quicksilver MC 1.75k, BankAmericard 1-2-3 Visa Signature - UCF Alumni Association 5k, Discover 7k, Citi Diamond Preferred MC 10.35k, Wells Fargo Rewards Visa 7k, Chase Freedom 5k, Chase Ink 7.5k, Amex Green NPSL, Dillard's Amex 7.5k, JC Penney 7.5k, Kay Jeweler's 5.1k
Message 3 of 37
dalebb
Valued Contributor

Nope I applied for the blue thinking I was applying for the BCP, I was approved, but not the card I wanted, so many blue cards..Smiley Mad

Message 4 of 37
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

@tinuviel wrote:

@tntexans72 wrote:

Well, my Xmas present from Santa wasn't a new card; it was a couple of very nice CLIs. My Dillard's Amex went from $1700 -> $4200, and DH's Lowe's went from $600 -> $4600. That's exactly the sort of thing that I had on my wish list. After all, I've been a very good girl this year! Smiley Happy

Wow! Great CLIs! That's exactly what I'm hoping for in 2012! Smiley Tongue

EQ FICO 750 | TU FICO 761 (Walmart) | EX FAKO 767 | Goal: 800+

Edits, funky spacing and spelling due to my iPad not getting along with the forum editor!

Message 5 of 37
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

I didn't think about it as Xmas, but in November, I got a NFCU $2k, Barclays Apple $2200 and Walmart $300. Unfortunately my score took a nosedive as a result. Smiley Sad

I'm hoping that CLIs and time will help my score revive. Smiley Happy

EQ FICO 750 | TU FICO 761 (Walmart) | EX FAKO 767 | Goal: 800+

Edits, funky spacing and spelling due to my iPad not getting along with the forum editor!

Message 6 of 37
tntexans72
Valued Contributor

@tinuviel wrote:

@tntexans72 wrote:

CLIs are even better imo....esp., if it's a soft inquiry. Smiley Happy

Message 7 of 37
CS800
Super Contributor

BCE for me. I just received it yesterday.

I wanted either the BCE or the Freedom.

Message 8 of 37
tinuviel
Moderator Emeritus

@tntexans72 wrote:

@tinuviel wrote:

@tntexans72 wrote:

CLIs are even better imo....esp., if it's a soft inquiry. Smiley Happy

Oh, yes, I agree. And both of these were softs. The amazing thing is that they both started out back in April with toy limits -- $700 and $300 respectively -- and have grown into something quite respectable. What a great way to end the year!!! Smiley Very Happy

Current Scores: EQ 775 (03/04/2014), EX 756 (03/01/2014), TU 760 (03/01/2014)
Ruby Spade Garden Club Member - Last App: 03/04/2013 - No apps until 2014
Cards: Cap1 Venture 6.4k, Cap1 Quicksilver MC 1.75k, BankAmericard 1-2-3 Visa Signature - UCF Alumni Association 5k, Discover 7k, Citi Diamond Preferred MC 10.35k, Wells Fargo Rewards Visa 7k, Chase Freedom 5k, Chase Ink 7.5k, Amex Green NPSL, Dillard's Amex 7.5k, JC Penney 7.5k, Kay Jeweler's 5.1k
Message 9 of 37
TM82
Regular Contributor

I did a back to back ap of the Amex Platinum and Premier Rewards Gold last Sunday. Got an instant approval of the Platinum with a in progress of the PRG. Ended up getting both but ended up with 2 pulls, not 1 like most replied. First Platinum was messed up since they added too many spaces between my first and last name and the tape on the back was so strong that it didn't peel off. My replacement wasn't much better with the numbers being printed in the middle of the signature panel leaving me no place to sign.
My Cards
American Express Blue | American Express Premier Rewards Gold | Chase Amazon | Chase Freedom | Chase Sapphire Preferred | Chase United Explorer | Chase United MileagePlus Club | JPMorgan Palladium

Message 10 of 37
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.