Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Credit Card for Xmas?

tag
Datx
Valued Contributor

Re: New Credit Card for Xmas?

I ignored my siggy on not applying and got my foot in the door with Amex. Building a relationship with Amex with my new shiny Zync card!

Message 11 of 37
EC341
Established Member

Amex True Earnings Costco card, 14,800 CL. Should be here this week. Only new card this year. Next year going for Penfed.

Message 12 of 37
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

I'd settle for a nice CLI on any of my cards from Santa. I'm not planning on applying anymore in 2011, but I will likely app for another AMEX in January to maximize my backdating.
March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 13 of 37
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@pizzadude wrote:
I'd settle for a nice CLI on any of my cards from Santa. I'm not planning on applying anymore in 2011, but I will likely app for another AMEX in January to maximize my backdating.

Thats how I feel!! Gimme some good CLI's!!!

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 14 of 37
JusdoNit
Established Contributor

Laughing with you

Starting Score: 722
Current Score: Now 687 what the hockey sticks...from a 784 (Aug 12 EX 751 EQ Fico)
Goal Score: 800

If your outGo is more than your INcome than your UpKeep will become your downFALL.

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 15 of 37
jason86423
Frequent Contributor

App'd and approved for a BofA Americard Cash Bake Visa Siggy.. $12,500 limit

came with a $250 back after $500 spend

Message 16 of 37
ShiningDown
Frequent Contributor

Good one    LS2982 

Message 17 of 37
mAndrew1980
Established Contributor

I'm resisting the urge to app for an xmas cc. Just opened a couple of new accounts in November. If I opened a third account and Barclay's closed my new card for aggressively seeking credit, I'd be distraught (to say the least). Looks like I won't be able to app for 4-6 months.

Transunion: 713 FICO (5/13/2014) MyFico
Experian: 789 FICO (4/10/12) Lender Pull
Equifax: 695 FICO (1/10/14) MyFico

My cards: Chase United Mileage Plus 7000CL (3/12), CITI Simplicity 1800CL (9/12), Cap1 Platinum 1000CL (2/10), Cap1 Cash back 1500CL (11/11), Apple Barclay's 2500CL (11/11), Discover IT 6000CL (5/13)

My Primary Financial Goal is to put down my utl%.

Message 18 of 37
redwalker2929
Regular Contributor

December is the month when I usually apply for cards!! This year I got

Amex Delta gold 5k

Chase Sapphire preferred 5K

Amex SPG 2k

Message 19 of 37
ChesterPDexter
Established Contributor

I applied for a First National Bank of Omaha VISA, and I've checked the status online about a hundred times  (they pulled my EX  on the 6th).  I don't think I'll get it, but it'll be a great Christmas present if they do (I instructed them to transfer two balances while applying.)