Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Credit Card suggestions?

tag
Themanwhocan
Senior Contributor

Re: New Credit Card suggestions?

So basically, you have no income. Yet you told various credit card companies that you have a extremely high income, and they gave you 4 credit cards in your name with a total credit limit of $344,200.00 according to your signature. Or are you just an authorized user of your parent's cards?

Assuming you are not an AU, and obtained a card with high limit based on someone else's income, then yes that is called Fraud.

http://www.creditcards.com/credit-card-news/legal-consequences-of-lying-on-credit-card-application-f...

That low Discover card limit? that's what college students hope to get. If they are lucky.

TU-8: 804 EX-8: 805 EQ-8: 788 EX-98: 767 EQ-04: 752    
TU-9 Bankcard: 837 EQ-9: 823 EX-9 Bankcard: 837
Total $443,800
Message 31 of 35
lobsterfordinner
Established Member

@Themanwhocan wrote:

So basically, you have no income. Yet you told various credit card companies that you have a extremely high income, and they gave you 4 credit cards in your name with a total credit limit of $344,200.00 according to your signature. Or are you just an authorized user of your parent's cards?

Assuming you are not an AU, and obtained a card with high limit based on someone else's income, then yes that is called Fraud.

http://www.creditcards.com/credit-card-news/legal-consequences-of-lying-on-credit-card-application-f...

That low Discover card limit? that's what college students hope to get. If they are lucky.

When I called in and app for other companies they told me I can include all family capital gain income.

Currently a grad student, and in my wallet there exists my only 4 credit cards: Barclay Arrival+ 56k / Chase Sapphire Pref 68.2k / Citi Prestige 45k / Merrill Accolades 175k ; my student id card and a couple two-dollar bills.
Message 32 of 35
Themanwhocan
Senior Contributor

@lobsterfordinner wrote:

@Themanwhocan wrote:

When I called in and app for other companies they told me I can include all family capital gain income.

I believe they meant you can include your wife or husbands income. 

TU-8: 804 EX-8: 805 EQ-8: 788 EX-98: 767 EQ-04: 752    
TU-9 Bankcard: 837 EQ-9: 823 EX-9 Bankcard: 837
Total $443,800
Message 33 of 35
lobsterfordinner
Established Member

@Themanwhocan wrote:

@lobsterfordinner wrote:

@Themanwhocan wrote:

I believe they meant you can include your wife or husbands income. 

No, I told them my parents.

Oh, my bad ... they cosigned all my credit applications too, they just called the EO since they have accounts with those banks already.

Currently a grad student, and in my wallet there exists my only 4 credit cards: Barclay Arrival+ 56k / Chase Sapphire Pref 68.2k / Citi Prestige 45k / Merrill Accolades 175k ; my student id card and a couple two-dollar bills.
Message 34 of 35
joedtx
Valued Contributor

@lobsterfordinner wrote:

@Themanwhocan wrote:

I would suggest you NOT continue to state income that is not earned, when you are involving the IRS as well in the reporting it could trigger an audit just saying. Take care of your future, all the best.

Credit CARD Act of 2009

Consumers who are younger than 21 who are not authorized users on their parents credit card accounts must show proof of income to repay card loans or have an adult co-signer if they want accounts in their own names.

Message 35 of 35
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.