Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Credit Card with Best Bonus Miles

tag
MrCredit
Established Contributor

New Credit Card with Best Bonus Miles

What is the best Airline Rewards card that gives you a ton of bonus miles after spending money on the card? I am taking a vacation next year and would like to get 1 or 2 roundtrip tickets to either China, Hawaii, or somewhere in the US. Thanks in advance. What I am asking is about a bonus miles reward for approval and spending.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
enharu
Super Contributor

Re: New Credit Card with Best Bonus Miles

@MrCredit wrote:

What is the best Airline Rewards card that gives you a ton of bonus miles after spending money on the card? I am taking a vacation next year and would like to get 1 or 2 roundtrip tickets to either China, Hawaii, or somewhere in the US. Thanks in advance. What I am asking is about a bonus miles reward for approval and spending.

Lufthansa airlines has a 50k miles offer for 5k spend.

UA has a 55k targetted offer.

Not sure about the other airlines.

I don't think there's a sign-up bonus right now that is enough to cover 1 roundtrip ticket to Asia. 

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 2 of 5
Ailee92

Chase Ink Bold, Chase Ink Plus, Chase Mileage Plus, Amex Gold should be your prime targets imo.

Message 3 of 5
MrCredit
Established Contributor

Do all of those cards have the ability to convert points from one airline to another. For instance I have been eyeing up the British Airways CC that has 50,000 AViOS points. I have been told that it is a good bonus and good for domestic flights on AA.

Message 4 of 5
enharu
Super Contributor

@MrCredit wrote:

Do all of those cards have the ability to convert points from one airline to another. For instance I have been eyeing up the British Airways CC that has 50,000 AViOS points. I have been told that it is a good bonus and good for domestic flights on AA.

The UA and Lufthansa card can be used to book any flights serviced by Star Alliance. List of members here: http://www.staralliance.com/en/
BA and AA are part of the oneworld alliance. For BA and AA. List here: http://www.aa.com/i18n/AAdvantage/programInformation/oneworld/overview.jsp

Most airlines miles can be used interchangeably for flights within their own alliances and affliates. You might be able to transfer miles outside certain alliance partners, but it'll take a few transfers here and there, and there's usually a fee or some sort of penalty involved.

American Express charge cards accumulate MR points, so you can transfer MR points to their partner Airlines / hotels.

The Chase cards such as Ink (business card by the way), Sapphire Preferred, Freedom accumulates UR points, which you can transfer to their partner airlines / hotels. Some of the partners for Chase include Hyatt, Marriot, United Airlines, Virgin Atlantic, Korean Air, British Air, etc.

You should first find out what airlines you want to use first and then plan what card to get. There's no use getting a card for a specific airline if they, or their partners, don't service your hub much.

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.