Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Credit Card

tag
DI
Super Contributor

Re: New Credit Card

Go to each CRA's website and look for the freeze link.  Depending on what state you reside, you may have to pay a fee.  The fee is no more than $10.  It use to not cost anything to place a freeze on reports. I did mines before TU start charging.  EX always charged a fee.  EX even charge a fee if you lose your PIN.  Some on the CRA's charge to have the freeze removed too.  Also, you can temporarily removed the freeze .  With some creditors(AMEX), even if you have a freeze on your credit report, you can give them your PIN, and they can still pull your report if you seek new credit. 

If you want to control what report you want creditors to pull, and you are not sure what report may be pulled, it's good to place a freeze on two of your reports. 

For example, when I recently went on an app spree, I had zero inquiries on my EQ report.  I now have 9 inquiries, because everyone that approved me pulled my EQ report.  Those who did not approved me, tried to access my TU or EX report, and they could not.  That's exactly how I wanted it.  

Message Edited by DI on 11-10-2009 08:27 PM
Message 11 of 15
iwantbettercredit
Regular Contributor

Thank you to all of you.  This forum is awesome and the information that I get out of the Fico Forums and its members is just priceless. You are all the best!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You are all good luck to me.  I think we should all pitch in a $1 and buy Mega Million Lottery tickets and if we win we will all become rich,  We could make history!!! Smiley Very Happy

Navy Fed Visa $10,000
Navy Fed MasterCard $3,500
Pen Fed Visa $7500
Discover $3,200
Message 12 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

hello just wanted to know that definately best buy pulls equifaxs and they do give credit easy also kays jewerelers  pulls equifaxs cause i did my application over the phone and the guy told me they pulled equifaxs i was approved for 4,500 being my first revolving as of 10/2009 as well i just apply for wellfargo secured and they pulled equifaxs and i was approved so go for it. and i did had a collection from 10 months ago
Message 13 of 15
Imhotrodcrazy
Valued Contributor

@DI wrote:

Go to each CRA's website and look for the freeze link.  Depending on what state you reside, you may have to pay a fee.  The fee is no more than $10.  It use to not cost anything to place a freeze on reports. I did mines before TU start charging.  EX always charged a fee.  EX even charge a fee if you lose your PIN.  Some on the CRA's charge to have the freeze removed too.  Also, you can temporarily removed the freeze .  With some creditors(AMEX), even if you have a freeze on your credit report, you can give them your PIN, and they can still pull your report if you seek new credit. 

If you want to control what report you want creditors to pull, and you are not sure what report may be pulled, it's good to place a freeze on two of your reports. 

For example, when I recently went on an app spree, I had zero inquiries on my EQ report.  I now have 9 inquiries, because everyone that approved me pulled my EQ report.  Those who did not approved me, tried to access my TU or EX report, and they could not.  That's exactly how I wanted it.  

Message Edited by DI on 11-10-2009 08:27 PM

DI,  Thanks for the info on how "freeze" my accts. 
FICO 08
TU 842 12/8/18
EX 840 12/29/18
EQ 842 12/8/18
(NASA 30K) ( Amex 44k ) ( Freedom 10.6K ) ( US Bank Cash+ 20k, LOC 15k ) Winners never quit, and quitters never win
last app 2/15
Message 14 of 15
DI
Super Contributor

Welcome
Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.