Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Credit

tag
devineer1
Regular Contributor

Re: New Credit

Thanks for the advice... to answer some questions, I am currently working on getting a lot of collections off now.. I am paying them either on the spot for small balances off the top and those that need time I am offering settlements.... I guess I figured one more card will help my credit.. I plan to use it little to none, I currently have One Secured that should be upgraded soon. My inquiries are old but at one time I applied too much therefore I have to wait.... thats the story... please at this point I just want all the baddies to go away and I am determined to make that happen!

I am but a work in progress, taking one day at a time, learning to be more patient. In the Garden as of 12/01/15

Equifax 569
Trans Union 607
Experian 588

Goal to be at or over 650
Message 11 of 15
PedrokiPR
Valued Member

Good luck there buddy.

Just be patient and do not apply for new cards, as someone stated, your AAoa will go down and it will most likely hurt your score. Having collections and your score won't get you good cards without annual fee. Just wait a year without missing a payment and do not max out your card. Do not apply for new cards. Patience will open new doors. Once again good luck!

Message 12 of 15
joltdude
Senior Contributor

Think the most important thing is to work on all those baddies... and let time heal some wounds... Though i would not wait an entire year (more like 6-8 mo).. But id consider adding another secured card... as long as theres no BK involved... even at the cost of a hard pull or two..  (note i said wait 6-8 months before adding this)... Something like the BoA Secured.... it will add a TL.. and add to AAoA unlike a shopping card Comenty... Id hold out for their 99$/500 cl offer.. I think.. correct me if im wrong again.. having the additional TL and raising the avaible credit would be worth the HP even this early in the game...It would also give you time to work on your baddies taken care of, possible PIFs (ideally work for PFDs, not just PIFs ) and GWs too while giving you a little bit of breathing space for utilization...(Ideally youd still pay in full but less worry about having to prepay to maintain a low util)

Message 13 of 15
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

@devineer1 wrote:

Thanks for the advice... to answer some questions, I am currently working on getting a lot of collections off now.. I am paying them either on the spot for small balances off the top and those that need time I am offering settlements.... I guess I figured one more card will help my credit.. I plan to use it little to none, I currently have One Secured that should be upgraded soon. My inquiries are old but at one time I applied too much therefore I have to wait.... thats the story... please at this point I just want all the baddies to go away and I am determined to make that happen!

I would make sure to do PFD, so it will be off your CR

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 14 of 15
devineer1
Regular Contributor

thanks guys/gals... my first mind tells me to wait also.. thought I get advice fromt he professionals... I will wait.. Thanks again....

I am but a work in progress, taking one day at a time, learning to be more patient. In the Garden as of 12/01/15

Equifax 569
Trans Union 607
Experian 588

Goal to be at or over 650
Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.