Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Crown Jewelers Now what?

tag
nosxih
Regular Contributor

New Crown Jewelers Now what?

DW has no score whatsoever on all three CR's.
She has a new 1st Premier @200 and now got approved for a CJ @ 1500. I see that the CJ card is not a 'normal' card in that you have to include a DP with a purchase.

So, how should she use this card to her advantage in order to start getting a score reporting?
buy a small item? 10% or so, or don't use it at all?

Anyone have advise for her?
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: New Crown Jewelers Now what?

She would have to make a purchase in order for the line to report. It only reports to TU and EX.

Make sure for the down payment to use paypal or someother type of payment that is secure. There have been reports that their site is not too secure. I would suggest sending a money order. It may take a few days longer, but it would be safer.
Message 2 of 11
nosxih
Regular Contributor

Thanks for the reply. So they don't report until a purchase has been made? Well I guess she's getting something nice. Yea for her!!

I just read the other post right after submitting this post and was sorta shocked but I think we have it covered.

I have two accounts with BOA one is a checking only with a visa check card. Is always has a 0 balance unless I transfer money from my other BOA checking.

The 0 balance checking is tied to my PP account so if my PP was ever compromised it comes back to an empty account. This is the ONLY account that I use for online purchase. I use the VISA sometimes but I always have to transfer the amount needed into the account before the purchase.

My real account does not EVER get used for online purchases or to pay online bills etc.

Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I see BoA offer's an option for shop safe. (I have yet to use it) Discover also offer's something similar.

She would have to make a purchase of some sort. It doesn't have to be anything expensive just to get it to report. I spent less than $60 when I first went through them.

Message Edited by stef37 on 04-30-2008 04:26 PM
Message 4 of 11
specultr
Regular Contributor

x

Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

It's okay. A bit over priced so nothing I would want to spend alot of money on, but that's just me.
Message 6 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got a 30 dollar mens ring, looks like a 30 dollar mens ring Smiley Tongue  I wouldnt buy any jewelry priced high without looking at it..
Message 7 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

fender wrote:
I got a 30 dollar mens ring, looks like a 30 dollar mens ring Smiley Tongue  I wouldnt buy any jewelry priced high without looking at it..

Me too, or atleast know it's safe to return if it fails to deliver.

Message 8 of 11
nosxih
Regular Contributor

So far what I saw was a bunch of 10K gold at a very high price. Gotta buy something though. I guess some microscopic earrings.

but it is establishing some credit for her.
Message 9 of 11
specultr
Regular Contributor

x

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.