Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New DISC acct due to DB compromise

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

New DISC acct due to DB compromise

Last week Discover sent me a new CC with a new account number.

I believe there was a massive database compromise at one of the CC processing centers.

Anyway, I'm wondering if this will have any effect on my credit score.  Will this lower my AAoA?

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

Re: New DISC acct due to DB compromise

@Anonymous wrote:

I believe there was a massive database compromise at one of the CC processing centers.

Anyway, I'm wondering if this will have any effect on my credit score.  Will this lower my AAoA?

It should not... My number was compromised as a result of me losing my wallet.  They sent me a new card with a new account number and it did not change my account age.

FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 2 of 7
oracles
Valued Contributor

everything stays the same, history, limit, everything. Just the number is different. Dont worry

Message 3 of 7
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@webhopper wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

It should not... My number was compromised as a result of me losing my wallet.  They sent me a new card with a new account number and it did not change my account age.

+1

I just had the same with Barclays, and had it in the past with Cap1. You should be fine!

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 4 of 7
RyVision
Valued Contributor

First I have to say it's great to see you back and posting LS  Smiley Happy   I've read far to many informative posts you've written to see your leaving as a positive in any way.

As far as the Discover Card issue, and them issuing new cards goes. I myself am a bit concerned, about the time a replacement Discover More card came in the mail, I got a SW alert about a new account posting on my report, it was a "new" Discover More.......   I have not yet activated the new card\account.   Has anyone else noticed a SW alert due to this?  Pen Fed sent new cards as well, I'm wondering how many other issuers are going to send out new plastic. They sent a heads up letter prior to sending out the cards however (they should all do that, Discover did not that I noticed).

I thought the DB breach was with MC\Visa only, Discover wouldn't even be affected by that, would it?

AKA 840flippedto480
Message 5 of 7
kjm79
Valued Contributor

This soley depends on the creditor.  I lost my wallet and along with it two HSBC cards.   The new cards were issues with new account numbers.  Totally new tradelines on my reports.  4 total HSBC tradelines then.  Old and New.  Same opening dates as the original, same limits, different account numbers and it did bring my AAoA down despite EX CSR's telling me they were excluded. 

Now with NFCU, my card was compromised and they issued me a new card with a new number.  But it's not a new tradeline.  The old tradeline just updated with the new account number.  So it all depends on how Discover reports the new card. 

CH 7 Filed 7/27/15 Discharged 11/16/15
Starting Score: EQ 620 TU 568 EX 593
Current Score (07/13/16): EQ 674 TU 649 EX 674 (FICO's 08)
Cap1 QS ($5350) (Combined QS and QS1) Discover It ($4100) MilStar ($8,600) Fingerhut ($800)
Off to the garden 05/01/16
Message 6 of 7
xlr8d
Frequent Contributor

Nothing should change on your CR, I had the same thing happened to me a few months ago.

Nothing changed CR wise

Starting Score: EQ 515 TU 490 EXfaco 510
Current Score: EQ 660 TU 665 EXplus 661
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.