Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Delta AmEx Benefits

tag
drsmith
Frequent Contributor

New Delta AmEx Benefits

We are writing to let you know that we are making changes to your Gold Delta SkyMiles    Credit Card from American Express.    We are removing the Miles BoostSM benefit (see the Notice of Changes to Your Cardmember Agreement below) and adding the following two benefits:
Starting September 1, 2011, your card will give you access to priority boarding1 on Delta-operated flights so you can get on the plane sooner. Starting September 1, 2011, you will receive a 20% savings credited to your statement on eligible in-flight purchases2 of food, alcoholic beverages, movies, television shows, video games and audio headsets on Delta-operated flights.

Might be old news, but I didn't see a thread about it.

Reading the response of FF forums is pretty funny since they are all outraged their elite status is being watered down by us simpletons.

Starting Score: 703
Current Score: EQ 820 4/11/16
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 21
20 REPLIES 20
minimock
Frequent Contributor

Re: New Delta AmEx Benefits

This is cool, probably means my recon is doomed LOL
Message 2 of 21
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

----->  Starting September 1, 2011, your card will give you access to priority boarding1 on Delta-operated flights so you can get on the plane sooner

Do you think this means Zone 2 ?   or Zone 1 ??

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 3 of 21
drsmith
Frequent Contributor

I can't wait to start elbowing people out of the way at delta check in while yelling loudly about my elite status as an AmEx cardholder.

Message 4 of 21
drsmith
Frequent Contributor

It means Zone 2 btw

Message 5 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

According to some it's zone 1, several frequent flyers with elite status posting elsewhere are livid at the 'dilution of status'. To me it's eh, unless there's open seating or I have a ton of carry-ons I could care less when I board.
Message 6 of 21
minimock
Frequent Contributor

I hate those "I'm better then you people" LoL like those snobby folks you have to walk by sipping the martini as you make your way to the cheap seats LoL
Message 7 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

^^ rofl +1000000 ... But they overnighted my Amex plat to the trailer park so now I'm in the club. Smiley Happy
Message 8 of 21
drsmith
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
According to some it's zone 1, several frequent flyers with elite status posting elsewhere are livid at the 'dilution of status'. To me it's eh, unless there's open seating or I have a ton of carry-ons I could care less when I board.

No it's definitely zone 2

But yeah anyone in need of a laugh should check out a frequent flyer forum. It's hilarious how up in arms these people are at having to stand in line with the scum

Message 9 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

lol on twitter too, it's hilarious. Even worse than the snobs who get automatic upgrades on US air and think its a huge status symbol. I get the same front row seat on Southwest Smiley Wink as far as delta goes though the 20% off is useful Smiley Happy
Message 10 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.