Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Discover Logo

tag
the_jan_b
Established Contributor

Re: New Discover Logo

@LS2982 wrote:
I try to keep my obsession secret but I find myself blabbering on when the topic is brought up by someone else lol

+ 1!  Smiley Happy

Enjoying your freedom? Thank a servicemember and their family!

In the garden since 26 Jun 14...

I am digitaldiva's alter-ego

Message 11 of 23
scottwagnon
Valued Contributor

i went to the discover site and i knoticed that the design is only a part of the website where one is not logged in. i suspect from the specific designing of the site that there are possible hidden sybolic references here as well.

being logged in, you are actively connected to the site. the discover "sun" expresses itself by being 'active' with its eye and heart open.

when you are not connected, you see the inactive part of the discover "sun" suggesting that either its eye is closed (is in inactive state) or you are viewing its back.

earth air water fire master visa express discover
Message 12 of 23
mAndrew1980
Established Contributor

If they offer me a card with $100,000CL, 0% APR for 5-years, with no AF I'll love whatever logo that have....

Transunion: 713 FICO (5/13/2014) MyFico
Experian: 789 FICO (4/10/12) Lender Pull
Equifax: 695 FICO (1/10/14) MyFico

My cards: Chase United Mileage Plus 7000CL (3/12), CITI Simplicity 1800CL (9/12), Cap1 Platinum 1000CL (2/10), Cap1 Cash back 1500CL (11/11), Apple Barclay's 2500CL (11/11), Discover IT 6000CL (5/13)

My Primary Financial Goal is to put down my utl%.

Message 13 of 23
FrugalRican
Blogger

I noticed the same. The old logo is still present in some parts of the page, while the new logo is prevalent in others.

Had it not been for this thread, I probably never would have noticed.

Follow my financial journey: http://www.frugalrican.com

EQ FICO (01/16/2012): 656 - EQ FICO (02/16/2012): 743 - EQ (02/24/2012): 760 - EX (04/28/2012): 739 - GOAL 2013: 800+

AMEX BCE (0/10K) --- BOA 1-2-3 (0/15.9K) --- Discover More (0/6K) --- Chase Freedom Visa (0/1.4K) -- Hyatt Visa Sign. (0/5.8K) -- Barclay's NFL Card (0/7.5K) -- Chase Sapphire Preferred (0/5K)

Message 14 of 23
AF_23
Frequent Contributor

@scottwagnon wrote:

i went to the discover site and i knoticed that the design is only a part of the website where one is not logged in. i suspect from the specific designing of the site that there are possible hidden sybolic references here as well.

being logged in, you are actively connected to the site. the discover "sun" expresses itself by being 'active' with its eye and heart open.

when you are not connected, you see the inactive part of the discover "sun" suggesting that either its eye is closed (is in inactive state) or you are viewing its back.

Never quite thought about it like that. Smiley Surprised

Message 15 of 23
scottwagnon
Valued Contributor

sungod.jpg

its no coincidence or happenstance that this is one of discover card designs. BTW i have the card, unfortunately i cannot post it anymore, so you cannot get a more accurate view of it but, the pupils not shown are purple, and slit like a cats.

Message 16 of 23
mxp114
Valued Contributor

Interesting scott but it could be that the new logo is being phased in too? I just got my new Discover card design and it features the brand new logo on the front and back Smiley Surprised "Cashback Bonus" is in metallic orange

Message 17 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

old design

new design?

Message 18 of 23
scottwagnon
Valued Contributor

as much as i like the new design, i am equaly as much disappointed; they should allow both designs. Amex HHonors allows this. they have a new design but must understand i do prefer the old design as well and they send me the old design anyway as if nothing has changed.

Message 19 of 23
mxp114
Valued Contributor

Yeah that's the new standard More Platinum design, I just got it for an AA on my account. It says CBB on orange hologram below the main logo. It's also very sparkly, AmEx Platinum Card style.

Message 20 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.