Did you mean: 

New Discover card

tag
injustifiiable
Valued Contributor

Re: New Discover card

@Jlu wrote:

@7PM789 wrote:
I recently seen an advertisement for what I believe to be a new Discover card... The Continental Finance Cerulean Credit Card

http://www.creditcards.com/credit-cards/continental-finance-cerulean-hybrid-card-by-discover.php

It seems like a great alternative to first premier and capital one for those with bad credit, no credit or rebuilding.

What does everyone else think about this?

I think you'd be better off borrowing from the italian mob. Let's see .. annual fees totalling $219 for a $300 CL card that has a 30% CLI fee ($30 for every $100 increase) and 29.99% APR. Add to that a $4.95/mo paper statement fee and DID I MENTION THIS IS A SECURED CARD? Wow. This piece of **bleep** is worse than CreditOne.

+INFINITY!

These cards are garbage...even CreditOne would be a better option.

Scores 5/15/2016 (clean reports!): TU Walmart FICO: 696 | EQ FICO: 679 | EX AMEX FICO: 680

In my new wallet: American Express Green EMV: PSL $2000 | BankAmericard Cash Rewards Visa EMV: $2500 | Citi AAdvantage Platinum Select World MasterCard: $6400 | Barclaycard Arrival World MasterCard: $1000 | Discover IT: $2500 | Amazon Rewards Visa Signature: $1500 | Chase Freedom: $1500 | Capital One QuicksilverOne MasterCard: $2100 | Target: $2800 | J.Crew $21,550 | Marvel (Captain America) MasterCard: $6000
Message 11 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: New Discover card

I most recently recieved the card with a $300 limit. I sent a payment in and it took almost 10 days before the payment posted to the account. I don't plan on using this card much, but needed a reboost on my credit score. I will definitely get rid of it at the end of 12 months, just not worth the hassle.

Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.