cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Discover feature: REQUEST INCREASE button!

tag
MrShush
Valued Contributor

Re: New Discover feature: REQUEST INCREASE button!

@wollepopolle I have my Chase Freedom coming to me any day now. $250 for the first purchase (no minimum or spend requirement over x period) so it very well could replace my Discover as my go to every day card.

@scottwagnon Most of my increases came when I was carrying a balance probably in the neighborhood of 4 or 5K but we were making heavy payments monthly. At Christmas last year, we probably ran all the gifts and expenses through it and easily paid 2000 over 6 weeks. Not big money to some, but to us that is heavy usage. Next statement will begin probably Wednesday so we'll see if an increase is granted though I'm not holding my breath.

Message 71 of 77
scottwagnon
Valued Contributor

LOL. i laughed my head off when i saw this one! THEY MUST THINK I HAVE TOO MUCH CREDIT!!!!!!!   Smiley Very HappyClipboard03.jpg

earth air water fire master visa express discover
Message 72 of 77
tray
Valued Contributor

@scottwagnon wrote:

LOL. i laughed my head off when i saw this one!Smiley Very HappyClipboard03.jpg

LOL!!! scottwagnon, I had a good chuckle when I read this thread, now I have to go check my account now to see what's going on

Starting Score: EQ 546 TU 566
Current Score: EQ 693TU 08 729 EX 08 738Need to Garden/New Accounts
Goal Score: 800
Message 73 of 77
scottwagnon
Valued Contributor

i forgot to add they must think i have too much credit....

earth air water fire master visa express discover
Message 74 of 77
MrShush
Valued Contributor

Clicked on the button again just to see if it was functional. Put in the requested info and BAM! A whole $500 boy oh boy! I really didn't care about the amount, I just wanted to get the card over the 10K mark. They do give you an option to accept the amount requested or ask for more and they tell you straight up that if you ask for more, they will pull credit. Anyway, the button is functional.

Message 75 of 77
Anonymous
Not applicable

After reading this I thought I would give this a try.  I requested an increase from $3,500 to $5,000.  I have had the card for 13 months and have accrued over $300 in cashback rewards which I have yet to withdraw.  The request was immediately approved.  I love this card.

Paul

Message 76 of 77
MrShush
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

After reading this I thought I would give this a try.  I requested an increase from $3,500 to $5,000.  I have had the card for 13 months and have accrued over $300 in cashback rewards which I have yet to withdraw.  The request was immediately approved.  I love this card.

Paul

That's awesome!

Message 77 of 77
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.