cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Discover feature: REQUEST INCREASE button!

tag
n777ua
Established Contributor

Re: New Discover feature: REQUEST INCREASE button!

I just tried the CLI, i put in my information and I got an interstatial screen that they needed to "do  more research" and if I wanted to continue they would pull a CR.  I had the option to then cancel w/o a credit pull.  I cancelled.  I'm glad I had the option, thumbs up to Discover for not just pulling...

About $215,000 total credit among 11 cards
Message 11 of 77
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

OMG I JUST WHEN TO SEE THE BUTTON AND LOG INTO MY ACCOUNT AND TO MY SURPRISE THEY GAVE ME A CREDIT LIMIT INCREASE with out asking. I OPEN THIS ACCOUNT on march 2011 with a credit line of 1000.00 then 2 month later they increase it to 1350 and now it is at 1700.00 cool and I only have used it ONE time I charge 214.00 dollars and I paid it in full.

That is Nice!   Congratulations!!

Message 12 of 77
-Cain-
Valued Contributor

I noticed those two buttons a couple of days ago. I pressed it out of curiosity, but got an "unable to grant request at this time" message ( or something along those lines). It did say I can call for a manual review, but a CSR had told me previously that would result in a HP. Account is only a few weeks old, so I'll hold off for now. I am giving my new card some good usage though, so we'll see if that helps.
Message 13 of 77
Anonymous
Not applicable

@minimock wrote:

BUZZZZZZZZZZZ, OH were sorry, our parting contestants recieve Jiffy PoP Popcorn, and Rice A Roni, the San Francisco treat LOL.

Well, my account is only 4 months old, and the speed with which it came back, there was no time to pull a soft or hard.

+1

My account is a little over 3 months old.  The rejection was on the screen before I could lift my finger off the mouse button!

Message 14 of 77
MrShush
Valued Contributor

Oh come on now, Discover! They need more info and possibly a hard for $110 lousy dollars. All I want is to get it to 10k. Smiley Sad
Message 15 of 77
jason86423
Frequent Contributor

so I ventured my mouse to the CLI request and got the "unfortunately we can no process your request..blah blah blah"  call customer service.. Yeah no thanks..lol

I've had the card 12 months, charged up around 4700 since then..all PIF's.

If it was Citi or Amex I'd have a CLI by now... stuck at $3000 with discover

Message 16 of 77
mxp114
Valued Contributor

Thanks for info. Had my account for six months, they increased it $3500 a few days ago to $5k. I decided to try again, tried online and said to call. I chanced it because I wasn't too happy with $3500, spoke with an analyst that asked what I wanted. I said $10k he said they typically don't like to give more than $5k at a time but he approved $5k which made my CLI total at $8500 within a few days. Very happy with Discover.

Message 17 of 77
suzook1
Frequent Contributor

what CR does discover pull ?

Message 18 of 77
android01
Valued Contributor

@aleicgrant wrote:

what CR does discover pull ?

Almost exclusively, TU.

EQ Fico 8 - 850
TU Fico 8 - 850
EX Fico 8 - 850
Message 19 of 77
improvent363
New Contributor

I clicked and I get this message:

"We're sorry. You already have a credit line increase request in progress.

We are unable to process another request until your current one is complete."

However, I only asked for a CLI on aug/18. So why do I still get this message?

Message 20 of 77
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.