cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Discover feature: REQUEST INCREASE button!

tag
minimock
Frequent Contributor

Re: New Discover feature: REQUEST INCREASE button!

Looks like they copied Capital One's "Modify Your Features button" lol

Message 31 of 77
R2Recovery
Established Member

I don't have the Request CLI button on my Discover More, so I went through the Customer Service tab, and got.....

We're Sorry.

Your credit limit increase request cannot be processed at this time. For assistance, please call 1-800-DISCOVER (1-800-347-2683).

Drat.  Not in the mood for "NO" today.

Opened in 2008 @ 6K.  Still @ 6K.  Used to carry a high bal, but now PIF.

Message 32 of 77
MrShush
Valued Contributor

Now it is gone missing! Tried twice and now it has left. Stupid buttons enticing my itchy fingers and all...

Message 33 of 77
dharalex
Established Contributor

I don't have a button, but I can go to CS and an option is there. Had my card since 2006 at $5000, this is my primary card with perfect history. Got the stupid can't process message....oh well, when I get my Amex jet blue, it's bye bye Discover!

Starting Score: TU:676;EQ:648 8/2011
Current Score: TU:738; EQ: 739 ;EX: 729 6/2012
Goal Score: 760

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Current Score: 800
Goal Score: 850

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 34 of 77
sgs10
Regular Contributor

Comeon Discover there is better way to do this

Message 35 of 77
Anonymous
Not applicable

There is a way to call and do it through the automatic process or go through a CSR. If you like your discover card enough, take the hard inquiry. If not, oh well. Hard inquiries are not as much as a big deal that people make them out to be.

Message 36 of 77
Anonymous
Not applicable

@R2Recovery wrote:

I don't have the Request CLI button on my Discover More, so I went through the Customer Service tab, and got.....

We're Sorry.

Your credit limit increase request cannot be processed at this time. For assistance, please call 1-800-DISCOVER (1-800-347-2683).

Same thing for me, I've only had my Discover for 4 months tho, I already knew that Discover will not even consider a CLI until you have had the card for 6 months, but I thought I'd try it anyway.

Message 37 of 77
sgs10
Regular Contributor

Well said I love discover CS and took hard hits for CLI's but if u r applying for new credit it better to have less inquiries

Message 38 of 77
ReVeLaTeD
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

There is a way to call and do it through the automatic process or go through a CSR. If you like your discover card enough, take the hard inquiry. If not, oh well. Hard inquiries are not as much as a big deal that people make them out to be.

Yes, yes they are.  Espeically in this age of banks trying to find any excuse possible not to extend credit to you, whether new or CLI.

GE Money Bank seems to be the only one that is willing to look at how you've used their card in determining whether to give you an increase...the way it should be.

Credit Cards:
| Cabrillo Credit Union MasterCard @ $3,000 | Chevron Visa @ $2,000 | Amazon Store Card @ $1,800 | HSBC 2% Rewards MasterCard @ $950 (redeemed themselves)
Message 39 of 77
Anonymous
Not applicable

The feature is not available for me. The only option that I get is If I would like a decrease in my credit limit.....um no lol

Message 40 of 77
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.