cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Discover feature: REQUEST INCREASE button!

tag
JMN
Frequent Contributor

Re: New Discover feature: REQUEST INCREASE button!

I guess I'm the first to have luck with this. Clicked it, and it said my limit was up-ed to $12,500, up from the original limit of $7,000.

Opened in March of this year. Smiley Happy

Despite my employment in the banking industry, any and all views contained in this post are purely my own, and do not represent any financial institution, nor constitute as financial or investment guidance or advise.
Message 41 of 77
Anonymous
Not applicable

@JMN wrote:

I guess I'm the first to have luck with this. Clicked it, and it said my limit was up-ed to $12,500, up from the original limit of $7,000.

Congrats JMN! I can't wait for another few months and hope I get the same results! 12,5 is really good for discover

Message 42 of 77
MrShush
Valued Contributor

@JMN wrote:

That's great--cheers! Glad to know it worked for someoneSmiley Mad

Message 43 of 77
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

After several tries over the last few days and getting the "We are unable to process......blah blah blah" today It went to this screen. I'm not ready to ask for the CLI just yet but I wanted to let others know to keep trying with this. For those who have been successful with this request was it a hard pull?

Capture.JPG

Message 44 of 77
moonman
Frequent Contributor

I received an auto cli from Discover in May and I had noticed the cli option on my account main page two days ago and now it's gone. I do not know what's going on over there at Discover because sometimes when I log into my account there is a option for something new and in a day or two later they remove it.

Message 45 of 77
android01
Valued Contributor

@MarineVietVet wrote:

After several tries over the last few days and getting the "We are unable to process......blah blah blah" today It went to this screen. I'm not ready to ask for the CLI just yet but I wanted to let others know to keep trying with this. For those who have been successful with this request was it a hard pull?

Capture.JPG

Whats interesting is that the top paragraph says that they "may" require a credit report to be pulled, yet under the Requested Credit Line instructions, it says that "this request will not affect your credit score".   I wonder which one it is....

EQ Fico 8 - 850
TU Fico 8 - 850
EX Fico 8 - 850
Message 46 of 77
score_building
Senior Contributor

If it's not instant, perhaps then it shows an option to request 'further processing' which may HP? 

DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 47 of 77
android01
Valued Contributor

@score_building wrote:

If it's not instant, perhaps then it shows an option to request 'further processing' which may HP? 

I was hoping you'd try it and let us know! Smiley Wink

EQ Fico 8 - 850
TU Fico 8 - 850
EX Fico 8 - 850
Message 48 of 77
score_building
Senior Contributor

@android01 wrote:

@score_building wrote:

Can only speculate becuz when I pressed, got the thumbs down immediately Smiley Tongue  

Did get a recent increase w/ HP, prior to seeing the button, by calling, 

so I expected the poorly timed luv button request would be denied so soon after getting an increase...curiosity got the best of me though,

lucky the denial came w/o a pull.

DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 49 of 77
android01
Valued Contributor

@score_building wrote:

@android01 wrote:

@score_building wrote:

Can only speculate becuz when I pressed, got the thumbs down immediately Smiley Tongue  

Did get a recent increase w/ HP, prior to seeing the button, by calling, 

so I expected the poorly timed luv button request would be denied so soon after getting an increase...curiosity got the best of me though,

lucky the denial came w/o a pull.

Well, curiousity got the best of me, and I gave it a shot.  It didn't deny me, but indicated that pulling "my full credit report" would have to be done to help make their decision, so I hit cancel.  Nothing ventured nothing gained, I guess.   Smiley Indifferent

EQ Fico 8 - 850
TU Fico 8 - 850
EX Fico 8 - 850
Message 50 of 77
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.