Did you mean: 

New Discover secured graduation policy

tag
MyLoFICO
Valued Contributor

Re: New Discover secured graduation policy

@Anonymous wrote:

@MyLoFICO wrote:

I chatted with an agent and was told the 7 month rule and that they look at your entire credit picture. 

They probably use the TU FICO 8 lol

I wish they would. That report is my most favorable. Other than my UTIL everything else has gotten better, not worse since I app'd the Disco so I am guessing that is the issue. It's SD'd now so only time will tell. 

Experian: 677 (28) | TransUnion: 697 (27) | Equifax: 684 (6)
Gardening as of: 1-23-2018
Updated 1-25-18
Message 21 of 91
Anonymous
Not applicable

@MyLoFICO wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@MyLoFICO wrote:

I chatted with an agent and was told the 7 month rule and that they look at your entire credit picture. 

They probably use the TU FICO 8 lol

I wish they would. That report is my most favorable. Other than my UTIL everything else has gotten better, not worse since I app'd the Disco so I am guessing that is the issue. It's SD'd now so only time will tell. 

I hope I'll be able to let you know in a couple weeks if I graduate. I'll see early March if they SP on EX but won't see full reports with the others for a bit.

Message 22 of 91
joltdude
Senior Contributor

Patience is a virtue folks ....

Also for reference.. sometimes things happen to accounts shortly after the statement cuts... Case in point.. my first CLI/AutoCLI only appeared on my account roughly 3-5 days after my statement..... 

This kind of thing happens with graduations too as some forum folks can attest to....

And like everything.. its not exact/formula... If your scores are where they need to be,and your CR is steady improving enough... Discover will see it during their monthly SP for your FICO score...  the usual is 7months or more..... Even a year isn't bad for a rebuilder card..... (also been told that most secured discovers are now no-AF),,,,

So sit tight, keep working on your reports, pay your bills, and garden......

And you will recieve the fruits of your labor...

Trying to find it but thought Disco wanted a certain score on TU before graduating.... i keep thinking it was 650-660 but unsure... 

-J

Message 23 of 91
Anonymous
Not applicable

@joltdude wrote:

Patience is a virtue folks ....

Also for reference.. sometimes things happen to accounts shortly after the statement cuts... Case in point.. my first CLI/AutoCLI only appeared on my account roughly 3-5 days after my statement..... 

This kind of thing happens with graduations too as some forum folks can attest to....

And like everything.. its not exact/formula... If your scores are where they need to be,and your CR is steady improving enough... Discover will see it during their monthly SP for your FICO score...  the usual is 7months or more..... Even a year isn't bad for a rebuilder card..... (also been told that most secured discovers are now no-AF),,,,

So sit tight, keep working on your reports, pay your bills, and garden......

And you will recieve the fruits of your labor...

Trying to find it but thought Disco wanted a certain score on TU before graduating.... i keep thinking it was 650-660 but unsure... 

-J

Good to know about the potential 3-5 day delay I won't have to cry right away if my statement doesn't reflect a graduation Smiley Wink

My January statement was my first-ever FICO score too... of 750. My only non-Disco activity was getting my Chase FU this month. I do have some pre-Disco HP's but I'm otherwise cleanwith 1% util. If you find the "650-660" data points I'd like the see that because it sounds like I should be set to graduate! Smiley Happy

Message 24 of 91
MyLoFICO
Valued Contributor

Awe…I logged into Disco to find a different color card representing my card and an error when I tried to do a CLI. I thought they were graduating me. I logged out and back in an hour or so later and it was back to the normal secured page. Smiley Sad

Updated 1-25-18
Message 25 of 91
Anonymous
Not applicable

@MyLoFICO wrote:

Awe…I logged into Disco to find a different color card representing my card and an error when I tried to do a CLI. I thought they were graduating me. I logged out and back in an hour or so later and it was back to the normal secured page. Smiley Sad

According to a CSR manager I spoke with last month (as well as their website), the reviews are "monthly". So I'm guessing once the 3-5 days passes there's no hope until the next statement draws near. Assuming my score updates the same day it did last month (which was my first Disco FICO not counting the scorecard), then I'll see how it's doing next week. Statement is a week after that.

Message 26 of 91
MyLoFICO
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@MyLoFICO wrote:

According to a CSR manager I spoke with last month (as well as their website), the reviews are "monthly". So I'm guessing once the 3-5 days passes there's no hope until the next statement draws near. Assuming my score updates the same day it did last month (which was my first Disco FICO not counting the scorecard), then I'll see how it's doing next week. Statement is a week after that.

I calculated it just now. My 12th statement doesn't cut until 2-21-17. I counted 12 months, not statements. So, we shall see. Hopefully. My CR has gotten better and my score has gone up but who knows. 

Updated 1-25-18
Message 27 of 91
Anonymous
Not applicable

@MyLoFICO wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@MyLoFICO wrote:

I calculated it just now. My 12th statement doesn't cut until 2-21-17. I counted 12 months, not statements. So, we shall see. Hopefully. My CR has gotten better and my score has gone up but who knows. 

You should see an updated TU FICO in your account today or tomorrow -- is it there yet? I would expect that's what they go by. (Why would they make an extra pull, even if it's an SP?) Forgive me for a stupid question, but why do you have a secured card if your TCL is 96k per your siggy?

Message 28 of 91
MyLoFICO
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@MyLoFICO wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@MyLoFICO wrote:

You should see an updated TU FICO in your account today or tomorrow -- is it there yet? I would expect that's what they go by. (Why would they make an extra pull, even if it's an SP?) Forgive me for a stupid question, but why do you have a secured card if your TCL is 96k per your siggy?

My FICO on their site is dated 1-20-17 and its 705. I don't know why they didn't approve me for a regular card but Secured is all I could get. Alot of my cards are just now a year old though. It might be inquiries but even now I cannot prequalify on their site. 

Updated 1-25-18
Message 29 of 91
Anonymous
Not applicable

@MyLoFICO wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@MyLoFICO wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@MyLoFICO wrote:

My FICO on their site is dated 1-20-17 and its 705. I don't know why they didn't approve me for a regular card but Secured is all I could get. Alot of my cards are just now a year old though. It might be inquiries but even now I cannot prequalify on their site. 

That sucks. I guess nobody knows the minds of Disco you just gotta dance through it Smiley Wink Mine is dated 1-19 so we'll probably both get ours updated Monday. The only prequal I've ever gotten online was Amex.

Message 30 of 91
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.