Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Discover secured graduation policy

tag
pauper66
Valued Member

Re: New Discover secured graduation policy

Thanks, but I'm not too concerned about it. I wasn't going to try, but the curiosity got the best of me and I hit the button. I'm in a good spot. High enough available credit to help should a crisis occur, but low enough to keep me from getting into trouble.

Message 81 of 91
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just thought I'd let everyone know that my discover it card graduated 3 days after my seventh statement!!! And I received my check in the mail in less than a week. $200 cl, never carried a balance.
Message 82 of 91
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Just thought I'd let everyone know that my discover it card graduated 3 days after my seventh statement!!! And I received my check in the mail in less than a week. $200 cl, never carried a balance.

Did they give you a graduation CLI when it unsecured?

Message 83 of 91
Anonymous
Not applicable

My 7th statement cuts today.....I'm on the edge of my seat. I don't necessarily expect it to graduate but at the same time it would be nice to get my security deposit back. I checked my account at midnight and naturally the statement hasn't posted yet or anything Smiley Sad

Message 84 of 91
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just graduated too. How do I find out if they gave me a CLI??

Message 85 of 91
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I just graduated too. How do I find out if they gave me a CLI??

It will say in your graduation email if you got a CLI. Also, if you log in and your limit is suddenly higher then you'll know. I knew by logging in and seeing my new limit before my graduation email ever arrived. 

Message 86 of 91
Anonymous
Not applicable

So I apologize if this question had already been addressed, but when a discover secured graduates, does it turn in to a legit discover IT? I applied for the unsecured discover IT and was denied. I would most likely only do the $200 deposit, but can you add to it after your initial deposit to give yourself a CLI?

New to credit, this forum had been a wonderful resource.
Message 87 of 91
joltdude
Senior Contributor

Discover is slow at any email correspondence....

CLI's.. Graduations..  That said.. the first place you know if you get an auto-cli or other such change is actually logging into your account...

Wait a day or two after the statement generates, if its not on the statement.... Still might get one...

-J

Message 88 of 91
joltdude
Senior Contributor

Yes you can add to the secured deposit at any time.. and it does seem to mean you graduate with a higher CL.... 

-J

Message 89 of 91
slither43
Regular Contributor

I must say, I was pretty surprised to see my account status when I logged in this morning. My 7th statement cut 5 days ago. I was at $200 secured and I graduated and got a CLI to $2000! During the 7 months my scores improved about 60 points across the board but still only averaging around 640. Fico went from 508 to 610 during the same period. I never used more than 30% on the card and always paid in full before anything was ever due. Didn't think I'd be one of the lucky ones but happy to report that I am

Message 90 of 91
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.