Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New FNBO Limited-Time Offer Card?

tag
noobody
Established Contributor

Re: New FNBO Limited-Time Offer Card?

They decline people with 800 CS for some bogus reason, then it's not the card for me.
I preserve my precious EX pull for reward cards, Prestige next month, RPG in June and a high bonus Chase card if they run some promotion.
Low Apr does not mean much to me, I might give it a try if they pull EQ.
EX819 1HP|TU797 1HP| EQ(Fico8 BankCard)841
Message 191 of 227
galahad15
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

They're just too inquiry sensitive.

This card is for someone who carries one or two CC's in their wallet and never applies for anything. Or at least this is the image that FNBO apparently has in their head.

If they won't approve people with ~800 FICO's and 2 Experian inquiries on file then it's not really worth considering. A wasted inquiry.

I agree 100% that is insane that they won't approve some people who had mentioned having 800+ scores!  So I take it that FNBO was unwilling to recon your mother Nixon (since you had mentioned that you might retry the recon for her, yesterday on Mon.)?  Smiley Sad  If so and they are not willing to reconsider approving your mother, then shame on them...  (i.e., FNBO)

Message 192 of 227
jigglypuff
Regular Contributor

I don't even know why, but I applied for this card on 4/25. I just found out I was approved for $11.7k starting limit. That's my highest initial limit ever. 

Green Card: NPSL | Freedom VS: $5K | Discover it: $25K | Quicksilver Platinum MC: $6K | Victoria's Secret Angel Forever: $3.15K | Sapphire Preferred VS: $7.3K | Dividend Platinum Select V: $9K | Barclaycard Rewards MC: $1.5K | Cash Rewards Platinum Plus V: $2.5K | Slate V: $500 | Target REDcard: $1.5K | Amex EveryDay: $18K | Blue Cash Everyday: $18K | Fidelity Rewards VS: $9K | Double Cash WMC: $12.8K | Better Balance Rewards Platinum Plus MC: $7.5K | Ebates Cash Back VS: $8K | Nordstrom VS: $10K | Sallie Mae WMC: $5K | FNBO American Express 6.25%: $11.7K | Quicksilver VS: $10.75K | SaksFirst Store Card: $2.25K | Saks WEMC: $8K | Iberia Bank Visa Classic: $8.5K | Blispay V: $7.5K
Message 193 of 227
JustBPatient
Established Contributor

I tried getting in with these guys on a mailer they sent a few months back.  Rejected!  Too many inq's etc etc.  Called them 3x and sent several emails.  A tough nut to crack...but congrats on the approval!!  I have also heard they are good about growing with you just don't app for anything else.......

Amex Gold =Amex ED 20k = Amex BCP 14k = Amex SPG Lux 2k = Arrival 2k = Ring 14k = BOA 321 30k = BOA BBR 10k = CSR 25k = Freedom 10k = Citi Simplicity 9k = Citi DC 5k = Citi DP 3k = DCVR IT 16k = DCVR IT(2) 10k = CAP1 QS 15k = NFCU CR24k/AE25k/CLOC 15k = BBVA 14k = Wells Plat. 5k = (2) US Bank Cash+ 13k, 18k = PenFed 17k

FICO scores TU 764 EX 739 EQ 745
Message 194 of 227
galahad15
Valued Contributor

@jigglypuff wrote:

I don't even know why, but I applied for this card on 4/25. I just found out I was approved for $11.7k starting limit. That's my highest initial limit ever. 

Congrats!!  Smiley Happy

Message 195 of 227
Anonymous
Not applicable

@jigglypuff wrote:

Stats when you app'd?

Message 196 of 227
jigglypuff
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@jigglypuff wrote:

Stats when you app'd?

I'm not really sure. Citi says my EQ was 785 as of 3/24. Discover has my TU at 759 as of 4/5. Credit Karma says my TU has 12 inquiries and EX has 10.

Green Card: NPSL | Freedom VS: $5K | Discover it: $25K | Quicksilver Platinum MC: $6K | Victoria's Secret Angel Forever: $3.15K | Sapphire Preferred VS: $7.3K | Dividend Platinum Select V: $9K | Barclaycard Rewards MC: $1.5K | Cash Rewards Platinum Plus V: $2.5K | Slate V: $500 | Target REDcard: $1.5K | Amex EveryDay: $18K | Blue Cash Everyday: $18K | Fidelity Rewards VS: $9K | Double Cash WMC: $12.8K | Better Balance Rewards Platinum Plus MC: $7.5K | Ebates Cash Back VS: $8K | Nordstrom VS: $10K | Sallie Mae WMC: $5K | FNBO American Express 6.25%: $11.7K | Quicksilver VS: $10.75K | SaksFirst Store Card: $2.25K | Saks WEMC: $8K | Iberia Bank Visa Classic: $8.5K | Blispay V: $7.5K
Message 197 of 227
galahad15
Valued Contributor

So, lol...any other approvals so far, for this beauty of a card, other than just leoment, jigglypuff, and myself who have reported successful approvals thus far?  Smiley Happy  Really genuinely hoping that others may have been approved as well, especially since apps will only be taken for about another month by FNBO?  (Also my apologies in advance, if I am inadvrtently leaving anyone else out who had already mentioned receiving an approval; the 3 names above are the ones that I just happened to recall, off the top of my head.)

Message 198 of 227
Themanwhocan
Senior Contributor

@galahad15 wrote:

Sorry in advance as I don't mean to beat a dead horse or anything, so to speak, since I noticed that this thread has gone kinda quiet lately, but I honestly am kinda shocked (shocked!) here that there is no apparent additional serious interest, in this card!  Smiley Surprised  In MHO, this card is almost like the greatest thing since sliced bread for credit cards, in terms of the benefits and the total package (low APR, great rewards, no AF)....everyone seems so super-interested or preoccupied here on the forum in cards like the Citi Prestige, Premier, Ritz Carlton, Discover Miles, etc./similar card products; so why not show this card some more luv too, lol?  In fact, why apply for any AF-based credit card when you can have an excellent rewards program *and* among one of the lowest-of-the-low APRs, with this card?  Btw, this is one aesthetically-beautiful looking card and one that I am personally extremely pleased and delighted, to carry in my wallet!  Smiley Happy  In fact...if I could actually get away with applying for a second one, I would totally go for it, but sadly I already know there's really no chance of that happening, lol...

Its a nice card. Its not the end of the world if we don't get the card though.

I applied for an FNBO card in August and was rejected. I applied for another FNBO card in December and was accepted. However, while I havent had any INQ since then, I haven't had any INQ age off my FICO score (1 year old) until April. And half of my credit cards reported limits to the credit bureaus. And I have had several SP CLI's since then. I'm just not ready to chance an FNBO application right now.

However, on May 21th, I would have a chance, as my credit reports would be reporting the way I want and another HP would be over a year old on EQ and TU. I might try for it then.

If I don't get it, I don't get it.

TU-8: 804 EX-8: 805 EQ-8: 788 EX-98: 767 EQ-04: 752    
TU-9 Bankcard: 837 EQ-9: 823 EX-9 Bankcard: 837
Total $443,800
Message 199 of 227
galahad15
Valued Contributor

@Themanwhocan wrote:

Its a nice card. Its not the end of the world if we don't get the card though.

I applied for an FNBO card in August and was rejected. I applied for another FNBO card in December and was accepted. However, while I havent had any INQ since then, I haven't had any INQ age off my FICO score (1 year old) until April. And half of my credit cards reported limits to the credit bureaus. And I have had several SP CLI's since then. I'm just not ready to chance an FNBO application right now.

However, on May 21th, I would have a chance, as my credit reports would be reporting the way I want and another HP would be over a year old on EQ and TU. I might try for it then.

If I don't get it, I don't get it.

Congrats on the December FNBO card approval!  I really and genuinely hope that if you decide to apply for the FNBO Amex on May 21st, they will accept you -- one piece of good news is (IME anyway) is that once you are in the door with FNBO and already have a card with them, they may be at least slightly more likely to approve you for the FNBO Amex card.  (As I mentioned earlier in the thread, one reason I think they may have been more likely to first instant-approved me on 4/4/2015, even with a 649 EX score and 7 EX inquiries, was b/c I already had an FNBO Maximum Rewards card with them.)  Good luck and best wishes!  Smiley Happy

Message 200 of 227
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.