sandman2435
Established Contributor

Re: New Fidelity 2% cash back card coming January 4th

@sillykitty1 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Article from Boston Globe:

Fidelity, American Express are parting ways

What a great first post!

So Us Bank confirmed ... US Bank is also buying the portfolio.  

Says we will all receive new cards by july 1st,I have 3 credit cards with fidelity

Message 111 of 324
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@sandman2435 wrote:

@sillykitty1 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

What a great first post!

So Us Bank confirmed ... US Bank is also buying the portfolio.  

Says we will all receive new cards by july 1st,I have 3 credit cards with fidelity

Then I guess you'll get all 3 by 7/1? Smiley Very Happy

Message 112 of 324
gnarlycow
Valued Member

I have two cards issued by US Bank already. Now I'll have a third... At least they've been giving me auto CLIs once or twice a year while BoA wouldn't give me any more credit when I asked.

I wonder when BoA will disconue their WorldPoint program entirely. There are only a couple of WorldPoint cards left...

Message 113 of 324
core
Valued Contributor

What are the odds that US Bank will let us PC this to something else?  As useless as the Cash+ is, I'd still rather have 5% on some obscure categories than yet another useless 2% card.

Message 114 of 324
gnarlycow
Valued Member

I hope the new card will report the old card's open date and history.

Message 115 of 324
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

Interesting article indeed.  I wonder what would happen (product-wise) for those of us who have the Private Client Fido?  Aside from converting to Visa, I would ponder if they'll keep the same travel/benefits structure?  I suppose time will tell "The new cards, available to Fidelity’s 24 million customers, will retain many of the same elements that made the old ones popular."

While US Bank is not bad and I already have a relationship with them, this wasn't the ideal financial institution I was thinking of but it is what it is and they've signed the deal.  

Sorry CreditCuriousity!  Well, there goes your plans for the Fidelity CC since I know how much you LOVE US Bank Smiley Very Happy

Message 116 of 324
sillykitty1
Established Contributor

It will be interesting how US Bank deals with customers who have large CL's on Fidelity and may have significant US Bank CL's as well, being a conservative bank.  I personally have $31,000 on my Fidelity and $16,500 on Cash+ = $47,500 in total US Bank exposure

Message 117 of 324
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@core wrote:

What are the odds that US Bank will let us PC this to something else?  As useless as the Cash+ is, I'd still rather have 5% on some obscure categories than yet another useless 2% card.

Hard to say until the entire portfolio is absorbed and integrated in their systems.  I wouldn't "bank" on it just yet.

Message 118 of 324
core
Valued Contributor

@gnarlycow wrote:

I hope the new card will report the old card's open date and history.

If it doesn't, I will be absolutely livid.  Can you imagine taking the AAoA hit for an account you don't even want and never applied for??  If they're going to report it as a new account it might make more sense to close the account before they can get everything switched over.  Only problem is, I don't want to give up potentially 6 months of use on the Amex.  Where's that crystal ball of mine...

Message 119 of 324
Anonymous
Not applicable

No one's excited at the possibility that the 2% will apply at Costco? Assuming that they're not exempted of course.

Message 120 of 324
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.