Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Fidelity 2% cash back card coming January 4th

tag
Sharingan
Established Contributor

Re: New Fidelity 2% cash back card coming January 4th

I suspect, as with mainline U.S. Bank credit card products, ARS/IDA (SageStream) reports will likely be the culprits for a lot of denials for inquiries. I would imagine that Elan has access to the same credit reporting resources that the parent company does.

I've had my ARS report frozen for a while now (but not IDA), and I'm not really sure if that played a part in my instant approval for the Fidelity Visa Signature. My TU report is my lightest with inquiries but it's possible that my ARS report could've caused a denial if it was available.

Message 281 of 324
darkfrosty
Established Contributor

I don't think I would have any issues getting approved as I have like 2 inq on my experian and non on equifax/transunion and my scores are in the upper 700s currently.

Still holding off though for the time being.
CSR | Ink Business Preferred | Amex Platinum | NFCU Cash Rewards
Message 282 of 324
denver133
Frequent Contributor

Has anyone with US Bank card try and PC to the Fidelity card yet?  

I have a couple balances I am waiting to report and will call then but looking to see if anyone tried.  I have a US bank platnium card that I would love to PC over to this card.  

My Cards: CSP: $5,000 // Hyatt: $5,000 // Cap1 Venture: $5,000 // US Bank Plat: $3,500 // Discover: $1,000 // AMEX BCE: $1,000 // Lowes: $5,500 // Furniture Row: $3,500 // Buckle Store Card: $750

Current MyFico Scores: EX 687 EQ 696 TU 687 Gardening from 5/15 till 5/16

Message 283 of 324
Anonymous
Not applicable

@lg8302ch wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@LadyJEsq wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
Does anyone know which report(s) they are pulling for new applications?

I apped with two of my CR's on ice (EX and EQ) and TU won't let me freeze, so I figured I'd roll the dice. Doesn't look like they hit TU because I've got zero alerts so far, so they must have tried EX or EQ. For my region, my bet is EX.

I got an instant denial, so I'm guessing it was due to not being able to pull my CR.

Looks like somebody else got a HP on TU for this card.

Well correction on this. It was a TU pull and pulled me out of the garden, and it was an instant denial. Definitely not inq and new account friendly, as I'm sure that's the reason for denial.

My application was also a denial, but it was a EX pull in Mass. I called Elan, and the reason for my denial was inquiries. I asked for a recon and tried to BS my way out of why I had so many inquiries. They said they would reconsider and let me know in a few days, but they are really not inquiry friendly. 

How many inquires do you have? 

I'm wondering this too. How many inquiries are too much for Elan? I have 4 on my TU and EQ and 2 on my EX. I also have about 5 cards that are under 2 years old. with TU 752, EQ 748 and EX 704.

ups... I hava also a bunch of newer cards and my app is pending... I guess I definitely can expect a denial... but I do not want to call and just sit it out .. will call with the denial reason so I can be prepared Smiley Happy

Thanks, let us know if you are approved.
Message 284 of 324
tvholic
Established Member

I asked Fidelity whether or not my FIA Visa (opened in 2007) would show as a new account when it gets converted to Elan, and they replied:

"The change of credit card provider will have no impact on existing card members' credit scores, including the age of your credit history. So your credit bureau reports will continue to list your account as having been opened in 2007."

Message 285 of 324
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

@denver133 wrote:

Has anyone with US Bank card try and PC to the Fidelity card yet?  

I have a couple balances I am waiting to report and will call then but looking to see if anyone tried.  I have a US bank platnium card that I would love to PC over to this card.  

Why not give them a call and see what happens ?  Good luck !

Message 286 of 324
wacdenney
Valued Contributor

I went ahead and froze Innovis as well as mailing the letters to ARS and IDA.  I have been meaning to do it anyway and all the US Bank talk just reminded me to go ahead and get it done.

Message 287 of 324
wacdenney
Valued Contributor

Does anyone know what other cards FIA issues other than Fidelity?  They are my highest limit at 17k and we have always kindof loved each other.  If I could find something decent that they offer I would be tempted to apply once the conversion is complete.

Message 288 of 324
bldmt
Regular Contributor

I think I may be a data point, no original Fidelity account. Cold apped and got a "7-10 US Mail" response just now.

Message 289 of 324
Anonymous
Not applicable

wacdenney: FIA is owned by Bank of America so the closest you'd get would be apping for a BofA card, SOME users on this thread have had luck moving limits over, but it's very YMMV.

I like BofA although FIA has left much to be desired for me. If i were you I'd either app for the Citi Double Cash or just wait this one out and see how things go with Elan. It can't be that bad, and it's the perfect Costco card.
Message 290 of 324
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.