Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Fidelity 2% cash back card coming January 4th

tag
DrForce
Valued Member

Re: New Fidelity 2% cash back card coming January 4th

Perhaps we are starting to see the fruits of the rumors that Fido was planning to drop AmEx and BofA

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/fidelity-investments-considers-dropping-amex-235333997.html

Message 11 of 324
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

If they're leaving AmEx, what would make the new card more attractive than say, Citi's? Presuming that it's going to be a Visa or MC of course.

Well, like the current Amex it could win with 2% paid at statemnet close rather than splitting into purchase and payment parts, also the FTF is smaller than Citis (but non-zero so still not attractive).    They would have to improve redemptions, Citi currently wins with lower min and ability to deposit to any bank at full rate.

Message 12 of 324
14Fiesta
Established Contributor

Not sure how much I'm allowed to say, but when the card is revealed on January 4th, it will not be with FIA. 

EX FICO (AMEX): 728 (4/29/17) | TU FICO (Discover): 737 (4/7/17) | EQ FICO (Citi): 746 (3/28/17)
Message 13 of 324
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@14Fiesta wrote:

Not sure how much I'm allowed to say, but when the card is revealed on January 4th, it will not be with FIA. 

Ah!   So it's just a cobranded Citi Double Cash!

Message 14 of 324
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@14Fiesta wrote:

Interesting... Must be in the know somehow being working for Fidelity?  Guess we will just have to wait till the 4th to see what it is all about unless leaked early.

edit: sure hope it isn't with citi Smiley Sad..  I could live with Barclay's or a real Amex card or anything except Citi/BofA

Message 15 of 324
PointLager
Established Contributor

This will be the perfect card for Costco shopping now that it's going Visa exclusive in March.

But, IMO it's going to be a waste of a HP to get this card.   I've gotten spoiled expecting $600-$1000 of signup bonus from cards.

What happened to folks who had the 2% Schwabb card?  Were they punted or grandfathered? 

Message 16 of 324
14Fiesta
Established Contributor

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

@14Fiesta wrote:

Interesting... Must be in the know somehow being working for Fidelity?  Guess we will just have to wait till the 4th to see what it is all about unless leaked early.

edit: sure hope it isn't with citi Smiley Sad..  I could live with Barclay's or a real Amex card or anything except Citi/BofA

Not working for Fidelity, but rather the FI that is going to go live with a new exciting CC product on the 4th. 

EX FICO (AMEX): 728 (4/29/17) | TU FICO (Discover): 737 (4/7/17) | EQ FICO (Citi): 746 (3/28/17)
Message 17 of 324
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Interesting it appears that link to apply for the Fidelity FIA card is down as well.. Least I can't find it.  Didn't try to hard though, just logged onto my cash management account and hit apply and took me back to link at begining of this post.  So appears FIA isn't taking applications anymore.

Message 18 of 324
14Fiesta
Established Contributor

@longtimelurker wrote:

@14Fiesta wrote:

Ah!   So it's just a cobranded Citi Double Cash!

Not sure what you mean?

Message 19 of 324
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@14Fiesta wrote:

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

@14Fiesta wrote:

Not working for Fidelity, but rather the FI that is going to go live with a new exciting CC product on the 4th. 

Ah.  Understood.. Who do you work for?  JK Smiley Happy

Message 20 of 324
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.