Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Fidelity 2% cash back card coming January 4th

tag
psm
Contributor

Re: New Fidelity 2% cash back card coming January 4th

I have the current FIA backed Amex. I wonder what will happen to existing cardholders.
08-2022: EQ 830, TU 834, EX 832 - total credit limit 230,000+
Message 31 of 324
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm excited! My next card I was going to get was a 2% CB card. I was hesitate to go with the options from Citi (was afraid of too low of inital CL and would prefer easier redemptions, etc.) or FNBO (it didn't seem like a good start of a banking relationship to lie about what state I'm from to get around a block, plus I'd heard about slow posting of transactions). The Fidelity AMEX looked like a good option, but I kept hesitating because a general spend card would be slightly less useful to me on Amex than other networks, as I would probably want to use it for bills and smaller stores that are less likely to run that network. So hopefully this ends up being a good offering!

Message 32 of 324
brother7
Established Contributor

Thanks for the heads up. I'm a current Fidelity Investment Rewards AMEX cardholder (which I ALWAYS use at Costco) and look forward to learning how existing cardholders will be transitioned.

04/01/2020 - EX 849 (Credit Scorecard EX FICO® Score 8, range 300-850)
02/20/2020 - TU 850 (Discover TU FICO® Score 8, range 300-850)
03/24/2020 - EQ 884 (Citi EQ FICO® Bankcard Score 8, range 250-900)
GOAL - 800! - App free since 11/22/2017
Message 33 of 324
uswala
Senior Contributor

@brother7 wrote:

Thanks for the heads up. I'm a current Fidelity Investment Rewards AMEX cardholder (which I ALWAYS use at Costco) and look forward to learning how existing cardholders will be transitioned.

Same here.

Message 34 of 324
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@14Fiesta wrote:

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

@14Fiesta wrote:

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

@14Fiesta wrote:

Not sure how much I'm allowed to say, but when the card is revealed on January 4th, it will not be with FIA. 

Interesting... Must be in the know somehow being working for Fidelity?  Guess we will just have to wait till the 4th to see what it is all about unless leaked early.

edit: sure hope it isn't with citi Smiley Sad..  I could live with Barclay's or a real Amex card or anything except Citi/BofA

Not working for Fidelity, but rather the FI that is going to go live with a new exciting CC product on the 4th. 

Ah.  Understood.. Who do you work for?  JK Smiley Happy

Citi/BofA Smiley Tongue

So now I have to look through 14Fiesta previous 696 messages to see if there is a hint of who his/her employer is in any of them!

Message 35 of 324
JSS3
Valued Contributor

I'd really like it if my Fidelity Amex gets grandfathered(I believe this means current terms/bank/network locked in?).

I need both BOA(excellent CLIs with long BT periods) and Amex(used for Serve).

As far as this new card, wouldn't need it. Got Double Cash.
Message 36 of 324
CreditDunce
Valued Contributor

@longtimelurker wrote:

@14Fiesta wrote:

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

@14Fiesta wrote:

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

@14Fiesta wrote:

Not sure how much I'm allowed to say, but when the card is revealed on January 4th, it will not be with FIA. 

Interesting... Must be in the know somehow being working for Fidelity?  Guess we will just have to wait till the 4th to see what it is all about unless leaked early.

edit: sure hope it isn't with citi Smiley Sad..  I could live with Barclay's or a real Amex card or anything except Citi/BofA

Not working for Fidelity, but rather the FI that is going to go live with a new exciting CC product on the 4th. 

Ah.  Understood.. Who do you work for?  JK Smiley Happy

Citi/BofA Smiley Tongue

So now I have to look through 14Fiesta previous 696 messages to see if there is a hint of who his/her employer is in any of them!

Don't worry, LTL is just teasing.  We all know who you work for.  I am sure that is why there have been some silly "guesses".  Since we are keeping your secret, can you put in a good word for the bank to provide a real FICO score.  I would love to get that score.  It doesn't have to be every month, just when ya'll pull for AR's.

I can only imagine your fellow employees are really happy with this new card.  The 25% bonus for employees should make it a 2.5% CB card.

Message 37 of 324
uswala
Senior Contributor

@JSS3 wrote:
I'd really like it if my Fidelity Amex gets grandfathered(I believe this means current terms/bank/network locked in?).

I just do not want any new account at this stage. My AAoA is low as I moved to US a few years ago, then I had to get a new BCE card to substitute my Costco TE card. No I do not want a new account reporting. Also, I have a 2% MC (Citi DC) and a 2% Visa (FNBO as AU), so it will be good that this card stays AMEX.

Message 38 of 324
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@JSS3 wrote:

No one outside FIA knows, but it seems that the consensus guess elsewhere is that the card will be converted.   There was an article (that I helpfully can't find) posted recently that showed Fidelity provides some of the rewards on the card.   If they move from FIA, they would presumably stop doing that (and support the new card) making it too expensive for FIA to keep at existing levels.

Message 39 of 324
PointLager
Established Contributor

It would be very tough to justify a HP without a signup bonus worth in the $700-$1000 range. It would take a while to recoup that opportunity cost with only 2% CB
Message 40 of 324
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.