Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Freedom Benefits!

tag
mxp114
Valued Contributor

Re: New Freedom Benefits!

@Omnipotent wrote:

Why is it that people feel the need to start a new thread when there is already a prexisting related thread?

I think it mostly has to do with a lack of very descriptive thread titles, for example "Chase Freedom Platinum," isn't very clearly about the newly added benefits whereas this thread has a more detailed title.

Message 11 of 32
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

They do have those benefits. The word enhancements is to me, misleading. ESP since there's no indications of 'before/after'
Message 12 of 32
Omnipotent
Regular Contributor

Yes they have. I found my old Freedom Benefits that came included and it does list Purchase, Price, Extended, and Return protection. 

My guess is they marketed poorly and Amex is reaping what they advertise even though most people don't use these features.

Message 13 of 32
Omnipotent
Regular Contributor

Agreed but one shouldn't be afraid to bump an old thread with new information and request a MOD to change the title appropriately. 

Message 14 of 32
mxp114
Valued Contributor

@Omnipotent wrote:

Agreed but one shouldn't be afraid to bump an old thread with new information and request a MOD to change the title appropriately. 

Maybe OP never saw the aforementioned thread? Hard to say but you could perform this service by reporting, probably a lot nicer than a scolding lol

Message 15 of 32
Omnipotent
Regular Contributor

People don't feel like going back more than a page or two. 

In a way I'm use to other forums. If you post something that is recent you won't get a reply because it says one never used the basic search functions which include going back several pages to check the most recent threads and or searching for key words. If you didn't find anything then you didn't search hard enough! 

Message 16 of 32
MaRain
Regular Contributor

@Omnipotent wrote:

Why is it that people feel the need to start a new thread when there is already a prexisting related thread?

Because the potential for negative feedback from "raising a post from the dead" or "hijacking" a thread is out there (guilty of both, still learning)

Back in the garden until 10/2015.

Starting Score: EQ 714, EX 658, TU 691 (pulled by mortgage lender on 10/7/14)
Current Score: EQ 656, EX 660, TU 660 (FAKOS pulled on 3/26/15)
Goal Score: EQ 760, EX 700, TU 760

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 17 of 32
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@Omnipotent

This forum doesn't 'punish' members for not searching hard enough. What other forums may do, this forum may differ. It would be much simpler to post a reply with the appropriate thread link than to use words like 'lazy'.

I will assume that we are all here for support and advice and while some threads are repetitive - you have every opportunity to move on and not comment at all.
Message 18 of 32
maiden_girl
Valued Contributor

LOL why are we complaining about a thread reposting valuable information for Chase card holders who may not have heard of these benefits yet?? Especially when we have like a hundred plus threads just with people asking for CAP1 EO number??? LOL. Let's relax and discuss these benefits! Smiley Very Happy

As of 2017, rebuilding...
Message 19 of 32
Omnipotent
Regular Contributor

At the same time a person can read to automatically think if I post my question the link will be provided to me. 

I have moved on every single time but it gets repetitive. There a request for the Capital One EO contact every other week. 

Message 20 of 32
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.