Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New HSBC CLI Denial Reason

tag
WhirledPeasPlease
Moderator Emeritus

New HSBC CLI Denial Reason

So..  after talking to a CSR in mid-Jan, I was told that my acct should be eligible for changes after Jan 27th.  I was interested in a BT, but was told to wait.  So, last week I hit the luv button and it was an instant decline.  Yesterday I rec'd the ding letter w/ following two three reasons:

1.  Derog public record or collection filed (Yup, had 2 collections in 04)

2.  Deliquency (Yup, had a CU acct that went nuts over a $1 derog)

3.  Your HSBC Card Services accounts have already reached the maximum total credit limit allowed (Say WHAT?)

I have two HSBC products -- a UnionPlusCard MC w/ a 6k limit and a DMB Rewards Discover w/ a 1.5k limit.

Has anyone else been capped by HSBC at 7.5k?  It seems like there are a few GM MCs out there w/ higher limits.  Any insight/help is appreciated.

ETA:  A proper count!  When I first looked at the letter I put one and two together.  Whoops!

Message Edited by WhirledPeasPlease on 02-08-2009 02:23 AM
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
From 700 in 2008 to 498 in 2012...
4/23/12 -- BK 13 date of filing EQ = 505
4/18/12 -- EQ 498
12/5/13 -- EQ 669
Here we go.... back on track.
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: New HSBC CLI Denial Reason

Not sure if this answers your question but...

I have a HSBC Plat (old DM acct)  at 7.6K

+ Orchard at                                    2.4K

+ Worst Buy at a whopping               0.75K

So...10,750.00 

Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ummm. Host HSBC that we read about around here don't get anywhere near $7500 CLs.-
@WhirledPeasPlease wrote:

So..  after talking to a CSR in mid-Jan, I was told that my acct should be eligible for changes after Jan 27th.  I was interested in a BT, but was told to wait.  So, last week I hit the luv button and it was an instant decline.  Yesterday I rec'd the ding letter w/ following two reasons:

3.  Your HSBC Card Services accounts have already reached the maximum total credit limit allowed (Say WHAT?)

I have two HSBC products -- a UnionPlusCard MC w/ a 6k limit and a DMB Rewards Discover w/ a 1.5k limit.

Has anyone else been capped by HSBC at 7.5k?  It seems like there are a few GM MCs out there w/ higher limits.  Any insight/help is appreciated.

Message 3 of 10
WhirledPeasPlease
Moderator Emeritus

Thanks Contractor, I wonder if the 7.5k thing is a new thing, or if it's based off of my income.  My UPC card was opened in 2003 w/ a 1.5k line.  The DMB card was opened in 2006 w/ a 1k line.

Beenthere:  I know it sounds like I'm being greedy, and trust me, I'm thankful that I have an oddball HSBC card that didn't get totally stuck in low-limit land.  I was just surprised by their denial reason.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
4/18/12 -- EQ 498
12/5/13 -- EQ 669
Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

You've never posted a thing thay made me ever think you were greedy. I was just suprised to hear about large credit limits will HSBC as almost all we ever hear about are chump numbers for HSBC, I didn't know they even had real accounts. LOL

I saw Heart in concert tonight and now its time for bed.

Message 5 of 10
TangMeister
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

You've never posted a thing thay made me ever think you were greedy. I was just suprised to hear about large credit limits will HSBC as almost all we ever hear about are chump numbers for HSBC, I didn't know they even had real accounts. LOL

I saw Heart in concert tonight and now its time for bed.

HSBC has more than one tier of credit card offering...just like Cap 1.  I know of at least one HSBC Weekender Card holder with a  $20K CL, so it's very much a YMMV kind of thing.  I have $12k total between my two cards...one prime and one not prime.  I'm still mulling over combining them (the form's right in front of me).  I don't trust them not to cut my limits in this day and age...even on a consolidation request.  Smiley Mad

OP, sorry to hear what happened.  I think it's strange they told you that you'd reached your CL...though nothing should surprise me in this environment. 

Message Edited by TangMeister on 02-08-2009 02:36 AM
Message 6 of 10
WhirledPeasPlease
Moderator Emeritus

Beenthere:  Thanks!  And btw, last year Heart played a show right across the street from where I live.  It was great -- I was outside listening and most of my neighbors were like 'whatever'.  I guess the twenty-somethings don't remember junior high crushes and all of those super 80's tunes!  Smiley Happy

Tang:  Thanks for the example of another 'decent' HSBC card.  I definitely feel like I have one prime and one non-prime card.  My 6k card does not have an AF, thank goodness.  The cli's were auto, except for the last one which took the card from 4.6k to 6k.  I always thought 4.6k was odd, but realized that at the time that was the highest limit reporting on my CR.  HSBC was my highest limit for a few months until Target Visa took my limit to 7k.  (Yes, I feel like a credit freak -- my two highest limits are from Target Visa and HSBC, while my lowest limit is my Amex Delta.)

Who knows what HSBC is doing.  I'd just like to use that card for a decent BT offer, but I doubt that will happen.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
4/18/12 -- EQ 498
12/5/13 -- EQ 669
Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

So..  after talking to a CSR in mid-Jan, I was told that my acct should be eligible for changes after Jan 27th.  I was interested in a BT, but was told to wait.  So, last week I hit the luv button and it was an instant decline.  Yesterday I rec'd the ding letter w/ following two three reasons:

ETA:  A proper count!  When I first looked at the letter I put one and two together.  Whoops!

Message Edited by WhirledPeasPlease on 02-08-2009 02:23 AM

My husband is capped at $400. lol. He makes nearly $100K a year. Needless to say, we don't even use the card. They'll probably cancel it for nonuse, but I really don't care. One less card to babysit.

Message 8 of 10
TangMeister
Frequent Contributor

Beenthere:  Thanks!  And btw, last year Heart played a show right across the street from where I live.  It was great -- I was outside listening and most of my neighbors were like 'whatever'.  I guess the twenty-somethings don't remember junior high crushes and all of those super 80's tunes!  Smiley Happy

Tang:  Thanks for the example of another 'decent' HSBC card.  I definitely feel like I have one prime and one non-prime card.  My 6k card does not have an AF, thank goodness.  The cli's were auto, except for the last one which took the card from 4.6k to 6k.  I always thought 4.6k was odd, but realized that at the time that was the highest limit reporting on my CR.  HSBC was my highest limit for a few months until Target Visa took my limit to 7k.  (Yes, I feel like a credit freak -- my two highest limits are from Target Visa and HSBC, while my lowest limit is my Amex Delta.)

Who knows what HSBC is doing.  I'd just like to use that card for a decent BT offer, but I doubt that will happen.

Wow, HSBC CLI'ing you to be the largest CL on the report is amazing in itself!  Smiley Happy  They're so quirky over things.  

I haven't had a decent BT offer from them in a long, long time.  They were offering 0% BTs for one year on my prime card, but that stopped as of a few months ago. 

Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Whirled, I'll stop hijacking this thread in a minute but I'm kinda more of the 70s/Dreamboat Annie/Rock and Roll non- big hair era Heart fan. LOL
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.