Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Here-NFCU questions!

tag
paris75
New Contributor

New Here-NFCU questions!

Hello everyone! This is my first myFICO post! I have a few questions about NFCU.  I joined last week through my father who is a civilian DOD retiree.  I applied for membership over the phone but the CSR did not ask me for any sort of verification. Has anyone got in this way? I wanted to know what they might need to verify so that I can just go in and give it to them before they ask. Also, I applied for a cash rewards visa card and was automatically approved! When I logged in to my account today it says I have a signature card.  I did not apply for the signature card, do they usually just upgrade you if you qualify? Thanks in advance, I'm soooo excited!

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Elcid89
Contributor

Re: New Here-NFCU questions!

@paris75 wrote:

Hello everyone! This is my first myFICO post! I have a few questions about NFCU.  I joined last week through my father who is a civilian DOD retiree.  I applied for membership over the phone but the CSR did not ask me for any sort of verification. Has anyone got in this way? I wanted to know what they might need to verify so that I can just go in and give it to them before they ask. Also, I applied for a cash rewards visa card and was automatically approved! When I logged in to my account today it says I have a signature card.  I did not apply for the signature card, do they usually just upgrade you if you qualify? Thanks in advance, I'm soooo excited!

If they haven't asked for it by now, you should be ok. If they do have any questions, they'll contact you and let you know what they need.

Regarding the Signature vs. regular, I believe it depends on the initial credit limit that you are approved for. If it's above a certain level (which I don't know for certain re: NFCU), you get the Signature, otherwise you get the plain card.

FICO 04 scores: 809 (EQ) 812 (EX) 818 (TU)

Amex Platinum NPSL - Citi HHonors Sig. $58k - BMW Ultimate $40k
Chase Sapphire Preferred $62k - Merrill Lynch + Signature $41k - USAA Rate Advantage $28k
NFCU Flagship Signature $50k - USAA Cash Rewards AMEX $28k
Citi Platinum Select / AAdvantage Signature $31k - Chase Amtrak Rewards World MC $41k

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.